An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a newly established International Bank during an exciting period of growth. The Bank is seeking one Settlements Officer to join their Operations and Settlements Department. The role will involve working on a shift pattern basis, with shifts between 8am and 7pm Monday - Friday.
The ideal Settlements Officer should have excellent numerical and organizational skills; have accurate keyboard skills along with a professional and courteous telephone manner. Working within a team of 12, the Settlements Officer will be responsible for accurate and timely execution and delivery of Customer and Bank transactions, working to SLA's and dealing with both inward and outward payments. He / She will ensure the team continues to deliver a first-rate Customer Service internally and externally adhering to Bank Procedures and Internal Controls.
- Inputting/processing /authorising payments
- Carrying out investigations
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- General database maintenance.
- Working within a team of 12, provide back-office support and service on banking operations.
- Responsible for processing of Customer Transactions: BACS, CHAPS, and
- International Payments.
- * Proactive in proposing and providing processing solutions.
Key skills / Experience:
- Relevant experience within a Back office / administration office environment.
- Payments experience is preferred, but not essential.
- Knowledge of Swift Messaging - MT103 / MT202 would be advantageous, but not essential.
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment.
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Excellent Communication Skills, with ability to provide exceptional levels of customer service.
- Able to work in a fast paced pressured environment, maintaining accuracy and quality.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job