Meraki Talent’s industry leading Financial Services client are looking for a Settlements Analyst to join a busy Investment team going through a period of growth.
This is your chance to join a successful team where hard work is recognised.
The Settlements Analyst will be a critical appointment and therefore we are keen to speak to individuals who have performed daily duties associated with UK Settlement functions within Financial Services.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Ensure timely settlement of dematerialised trades and the effective clearing of stock from member account(s) to the client member account(s) and vice versa.
- Requesting and sending of share certificates to clients for physical own name holdings and oversight of the timely settlement of residual bargains.
- Input of UK Equity and Unit Trust trades dealt on behalf of client
- Timely and accurate settlement of all domestic and foreign unit trust bargains.
- Investigation and resolution of the daily reconciliation of all residual, CREST and Unit Trust cash positions
- Monitor, resolve, escalate outstanding aged queries
- Liaise with 3rd party providers for the investigation and resolution of issues arising in the settlement arena.
- Ensure completion of tasks by various operational departments
- Undertake branch office visits with allocated teams
- Liaise with Front office, Settlement operations teams, external parties to manage, administer and complete instructions received
- Contribute to the maintenance of team procedure manuals
- Complete any adhoc or periodic tasks as required
- Support management in the production of various MI, KPIs and KRIs
- Organise workflow and allocate tasks within the team
Background of the Position:
- Significant settlement operations experience gained within financial services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages: Minimum basic level Word and intermediate level Excel
- Demonstrate ability to understand and summarise complex information in a professional and concise manner
- Strong Interpersonal skills are essential, with the ability to communicate well both written and verbally to senior audiences.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, multi task and interpret information quickly
- International Settlements