Location: Battersea, London
This is of full-time permanent position
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual, with strong problem-solving skills to join a fast-paced Operations team with an international reach.
Our client operates the global marketplace for fine wine. They provide data, trading and settlement services to the majority of merchants in this field worldwide. Their goal is to make fine wine trading more transparent, efficient and safe for the benefit of their members and the market as a whole. The culture of the company is hard working, committed yet informal and energetic.
As award winners in 2016 and 2017, their products are already achieving industry acclaim. With increased investment planned in the coming year, an exciting vacancy has arisen in their Operations team for a Settlement Executive.
They are looking for a Settlement Executive to join their fast-paced Operations team. The Settlement Executive will oversee and ensure that all trades on our client platform are received, checked and made available to the buyer within a set time frame. The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating and resolving any issues or discrepancies with the buyers and/or sellers.
The successful candidate will be an important member of a small Operations team, working alongside colleagues on the Sales team and within the warehouses to ensure that any issues are resolved professionally and efficiently.
If you are a strong negotiator, enjoy solving problems and have an interest in fine wine, then we would welcome your application.
- Negotiating with both buyers and sellers to resolve any issues such as loss or damage of stock, lateness or other non-compliance
- Ensuring deliveries to warehouses are on time
- Reporting on and managing supplier performance to ensure compliance with our client's standards
- Sourcing stock to resolve certain issues
- Monitoring stock for quality
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Advanced French language skills
- Strong problem-solving and organisational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to remain objective when dealing with issues
- Patient; as the solutions/negotiations can take time
- Experience working in a similar environment
- WSET qualifications
- Other languages, such as Chinese or Italian
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job