Setter Technician Packaging
Salary dependent on background and experience
Are you looking for a job opportunity where there are future prospects for developing your technical skills and where you will be working as part of a busy, friendly and supportive team?
We are recruiting for Setters who are experienced in working with Pharmaceutical Packaging Machines and able to deal with issues as they come up, to ensure production runs smoothly.
Applications are also welcome from CNC Setters who have worked in a similar GMP compliant environment such as Food Manufacturing or Cosmetics with experience of operating and setting complex equipment.
Your role will be to set and operate all packaging machines, to change tooling and set up machines in a uniform, efficient and safe manner following all GMP and Health and safety protocols.
We offer an attractive rotating shift pattern comprising:
Early shift: 6.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Thursday, 6.30am to 1.20pm Friday
Late shift: 2.00pm to 11.00pm Monday to Thursday, 1.00pm to 5.20pm Friday
Custom Pharma Services (CPS) is a full-service contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) for investigational medicinal products (IMP) through to commercial manufacturing. Custom’s advanced facilities produce solid dosage forms including controlled drugs, certain hormonal products, Specials and veterinary products.
CPS are investing in a new, high containment manufacturing and pilot plant facility within the city of Brighton and Hove, scheduled to be operational Q4-2018.
About the role
Reporting to the Rotating Shift Supervisor your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out Packaging Setter Technician duties.
- Changing tooling and setting up machines in a uniform, efficient and safe manner following all GMP and Health and safety protocols.
- Ensuring the storage of all machine change parts is correctly carried out.
- Cleaning the equipment and the work area.
- Completing batch processing documents and performing simple mathematical calculations.
- Moving and lifting components and equipment using mechanical aids as appropriate.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of all aspects of running the line. When not setting machines you will be working on packaging lines.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience of previously working a shift pattern is essential.
- Experience of working as a Packaging Setter in the Pharmaceuticals industry is preferable. However, candidates will also be considered who have worked within a similar GMP environment such as Food manufacturing or Cosmetics.
- Experience of setting Noack 920, 760 and 623 machines is desirable.
- Experience of setting and running an Ulhmann Cartoner is desirable.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Reconciliation skills.
- Good general standard of education, specifically in English language and maths.
- Ability to follow instructions with accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Team player who enjoys and works well within a small team.
- A flexible attitude.
Benefits include: Holiday; pension; life assurance; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
We offer free parking on site and easy access to the A27. Walking distance from Moulsecoomb station. Staff canteen on site.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application highlighting how your skills and experience meet requirements by Friday 3rd August, 2018.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.
- Packaging Machinery
- Pharmaceutical Industry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'