Established 35 years ago, XCEL Aerospace is now a major supplier to some of the world’s leading aerospace platforms. Our professional and committed team boasts a diversity of skills, technical knowledge and expertise, enabling us to provide cost-effective, high-quality products efficiently. We continually invest in our people, technology and equipment in order to meet the dynamic challenges of the industry and our global customer base.
As a Setter Operator reporting to our Clips and Leads Cell Leader, you will be responsible for the production of clips, bonding leads, small fabricated components and assemblies from concept to completion, whilst ensuring we achieve our goals in turnover, delivery and quality performance. Accountable for the quality of your work and for reporting any non-conformities, you will be required to set up and operate press and form tooling to manufacture components to drawings, in addition to:
• assembling, cleaning, soldering, brazing, welding and annealing components;
• ensuring all operations are correctly endorsed and stamped to verify conformity;
• ensuring the first off inspection is carried out and the route card is endorsed at each applicable operation; and
• developing simple fly press form and press tooling.
With an ONC/HND in Production Engineering or equivalent Mechanical Engineering qualification, or having served a manufacturing apprenticeship, you are able to use fly press tooling, guillotine, soldering and brazing equipment and have experience in assembly, soldering and manufacturing techniques. Able to measure accurately and keen to learn, you must have a keen eye for detail and high levels of concentration, whilst taking pride in both the product and your working environment.
With good communication skills and a first-class team-worker, you will also need to be able to lift heavy objects from time to time. You can also offer:
• excellent time management and organisational skills;
• plenty of initiative; and
• ideally, the ability to manufacture simple tooling on manual lathe and mills.
It is a great opportunity to grow with an already successful business. So if we have just described you and your aspirations, to apply for this Setter Operator role, simply click on the APPLY button.
Setter Operator job reference: OLR13945