Please note that this job is to cover the East Riding of Yorkshire and Hull and surrounding areas. Fostering Solutions are looking to recruit Family Support Workers to assist in providing innovative support packages and direct intervention to children and young people, who are living at home or who are in Foster Care.
- To work in partnership Foster carers and other relevant professionals to achieve the identified outcomes as identified in the children/young person’s Care Plan.
- To work in partnership with children/ young people, Foster Carers, Local Authorities and other relevant agencies to safeguard children and achieve positive outcomes.
- Undertake direct work on a one to one or group work basis with children/young people. This could include transport, supervision and monitoring of contact visits, social activities, court appearances and other appropriate necessary activities.
- To maintain accurate and up to date daily records including any relevant reports.
- To enter information accurately into the organisations database.
- Seek advice to ensure appropriate action is taken to safeguard children and young people.
- Encourage children and young people to participate. Escorting children and young people to participate in events as required and the establishment of children and young people’s groups.
- To attend and contribute to staff Team Meeting.
- Receive and participate in regular supervision meetings.
- Contribute to development of Agency practice and policies as required
- To take responsibility for health and safety for self, colleagues and visitors.
- To take responsibility for personal and professional development, accessing learning and training opportunities appropriate to the role.
- To work in a manner that promotes anti-discriminatory practice at all times
- Any other duties relevant to the post and as directed by the line manager
- Experience of childcare and knowledge of childcare development
- Experience of Family Placement work (desireable)
- Experience of Residential work, youth work and child care work (desireable)
- Training qualifications in Youth or Social Work (desireable)
- Satisfactory DBS clearance
- Experience of dealing with the public and Local authorities
- Ability to maintain up to date records and reports
- Current driving licence and access to car with appropriate insurance
- Ability to work alone and use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good written skills
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Willingness to work flexibly including unsociable hours
- Commitment to anti discriminatory practice
Safeguarding is everybody’s business. The welfare and safeguarding of children and young people should be of paramount consideration, whatever your role or level of responsibility is within the organisation. All employees, panel members, independent workers and volunteers are required to ensure compliance with the company’s guidance and policy on safeguarding and are required to attend Safeguarding training appropriate to their level of responsibility.