HMP YOI Winchester's education team are seeking experienced Lecturers and Trainers to cover a variety of courses within a diverse curriculum. The sessional needs can be ever changing, currently we would be very interested to hear from candidates in this location who deliver in English, Maths, IT, Barbering, Catering, Employability, Painting & Decorating and Art and ESOL. This is an exciting time for prison education and this is a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a zero hours tutor covering variable hours.
The successful candidates will be passionate and dedicated to teaching with the flexibility to be scheduled to work on an ad-hoc basis. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding Maths, English, E&D and Employability is essential in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
This role is based at HMP/YOI Winchester which was built in 1846 and is currently a Category B Local prison that serves the local courts, with a small 129 bed Category C Resettlement Unit.
Winchester has an operational capacity of 690 and is able to take men from the age of 18 upwards. The regime run allows men to attend education, work and training and other interventions such as substance misuse groups and restorative justice programmes.
As a successful candidate you will have…
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- A full or part teaching qualification (PTLLS, DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Teaching/training or vocational experience in a relevant discipline/subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- A proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- The ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- A good level of IT literacy and willing to develop further.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
Location: HMP YOI Winchester, Romsey Road, Winchester, SO22 5DF
Hours: Sessional / Ad-hoc cover
Salary: £22 (per delivery hour inclusive of holiday pay)
Closing date: 20 th March 2018
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.