Sessional Exam Invigilators
We require a number of additional invigilators at Harris Academy Purley.
Your role will be:
- To ensure a calm environment, giving candidates confidence in the process
- To make sure the right candidates are in the right places
- To give out vital information such as start and finish times
- To ensure candidates have all the materials and information needed for each exam
- To manage student behaviour and requests throughout the exam
- To ensure that the exam is conducted in strict accordance with JCQ guidelines, and that any suspected malpractice is logged with the examinations officer.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Purley, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. You will need:
- Access to email account for purpose of arranging invigilation schedules with Exams Officer
- A positive interest in young people and their education
- To be reliable, punctual and flexible
- To demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- To be a confident communicator
- To be firm but fair
- To be comfortable under pressure
- To have a level of physical fitness appropriate to carry out the job description, as exam papers can be heavy in bulk, and there is a lot of walking involved
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Purley
Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with currently 1050 students on roll, situated on the Croydon/Surrey border. We are judged Outstanding by Ofsted, and benefit from state-of-the-art facilities in a purpose-buit building.
We are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat on another with care and respect, combining traditional values of discipline and good manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. The academy’s leadership team and staff share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”. With an emphasis on Enterprise, the academy strives each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
Why work at Harris Academy Purley?
- “This is an outstanding academy. High quality teaching promotes learning and enjoyment for all students.” – Ofsted
- The opportunity to be part of an oversubscribed, 'Outstanding'-rated academy
- A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'