Milton Keynes College offender learning team in Aylesbury are seeking experienced Lecturers or Trainers to cover sessional hours in hospitality/catering/professional cookery as part of a diverse curriculum at 2 of their sites. The sessional needs can be ever changing, and you could be required to cover varying hours, short or long term cover. As a sessional worker you would also potentially have the opportunity to work at multiple sites in the region.
HMP Spring Hill is an Open Category D (resettlement) prison, housing approximately 320 male prisoners who are at the end of their custodial sentence and working towards resettlement.
HMYOI Aylesbury is a prison housing young prisoners aged 18-21, all-serving long sentences.
This is an exciting time for prison education and this is a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a zero hours tutor covering variable hours.
The successful candidates will be passionate and dedicated to teaching with the flexibility to be scheduled to work on an ad-hoc basis. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding Maths, English, E&D and Employability is essential in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
As a successful candidate you will have…
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- A full or part teaching qualification (PTLLS, DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Teaching/training or vocational experience in a relevant discipline/subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- A proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- The ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- A good level of IT literacy and willing to develop further.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
HMP Spring Hill , Grendon Underwood, Aylesbury, HP18 0TL
HMYOI Aylesbury , Bierton Road, Aylesbury, HP20 1EH
Hours: Sessional / Ad-hoc cover
Salary: £22 (per delivery hour inclusive of holiday pay)
Closing date: 5 th April 2018
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job