Milton Keynes College offender learning team in Aylesbury are seeking experienced Lecturers or Trainers to cover sessional hours in hospitality/catering/professional cookery as part of a diverse curriculum at 2 of their sites. The sessional needs can be ever changing, and you could be required to cover varying hours, short or long term cover. As a sessional worker you would also potentially have the opportunity to work at multiple sites in the region.
HMP Spring Hill is an Open Category D (resettlement) prison, housing approximately 320 male prisoners who are at the end of their custodial sentence and working towards resettlement.
HMYOI Aylesbury is a prison housing young prisoners aged 18-21, all-serving long sentences.
This is an exciting time for prison education and this is a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a zero hours tutor covering variable hours.
The successful candidates will be passionate and dedicated to teaching with the flexibility to be scheduled to work on an ad-hoc basis. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding Maths, English, E&D and Employability is essential in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
As a successful candidate you will have…
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- A full or part teaching qualification (PTLLS, DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Teaching/training or vocational experience in a relevant discipline/subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- A proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- The ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- A good level of IT literacy and willing to develop further.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
HMP Spring Hill , Grendon Underwood, Aylesbury, HP18 0TL
HMYOI Aylesbury , Bierton Road, Aylesbury, HP20 1EH
Hours: Sessional / Ad-hoc cover
Salary: £22 (per delivery hour inclusive of holiday pay)
Closing date: 5 th April 2018
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.