The principle responsibility of the Servicing Specialist role is to communicate with customers and/or their representatives (e.g. solicitors, debt advisor's, brokers) in order to provide specialised forbearance solutions specific to a customers individual circumstances and within the clients credit framework. Process accounts during the late arrears, primarily litigation, and/or support vulnerable customers and/or accounts with a deceased party. This process will be achieved through contact and consultation with the aim of understanding the customers individual financial circumstances and therefore enable the most appropriate forbearance options to be discussed. Requirements or circumstances outside of the client credit framework are to be detailed and escalated as appropriate.
- Liaise with 3rd parties including external solicitors
- Carry out post, email and telephonic duties
- Effectively conclude forbearance options, using influencing and questioning techniques.
This will include:
- Accurately capturing information to assess customer circumstances including customer Income & Expenditure information
- Operating within the prescribed client credit framework, escalating requests/requirements falling outside the client framework to the appropriate level
- Ensuring decisions are made in line with Client Policy rules and Financial Regulations & Legislation.
This will include:
- Consideration of Forbearance options
- Identifying & assessing vulnerable customers & escalating forbearance solution requests outside of client policy
- Instructing tracing agents in line with Client Policy rules.
- Instructing solicitors in line with Client Policy rules
- Escalation of requests outside of the client credit framework to the appropriate party
- Carry out external service provider administration.
- Investigate & respond to complaints raised by customers and/or their representatives at first point of contact
- Assist in the review of processes & procedures as part of a continuous improvement programme
- Carry out other tasks & duties as assigned by the Team Manager
Person / Experience Required
- Understanding of the collections and litigation process
- Ability to work in within a fast paced, telephone based financial environment, with a desire to exceed expectations
- Positive attitude and resilient when faced with challenging situations
- Ability to assess, analyse & recommend solutions to customer & process related challenges/problems
- Ability to show empathy to a customer’s situation without judging
- Multi-tasking in the role to ensure that the business one touch approach to customer service is taken forward
- High degree of numerical & grammatical accuracy with an attention to detail
Key Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at C, to include Maths and English
- Previous arrears collections experience in a financial services role required
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'