Overall Purpose of Job
The principle responsibility of the Servicing Specialist role is to communicate with customers and/or their representatives (e.g. solicitors, debt advisors, brokers) in order to provide specialised forbearance solutions specific to a customer’s individual circumstances and within the client’s credit framework, process accounts during the late arrears customer journey, primarily litigation, and/or support Vulnerable customers and/or accounts with a deceased party. This process will be achieved through contact and consultation with the aim of understanding the customer’s individual financial circumstances and therefore enable the most appropriate forbearance options to be discussed. Requirements or circumstances outside of the client credit framework are to be detailed and escalated as appropriate.
Key Accountabilities (no more than ten)
- Liaise with 3rd parties including external solicitors
- Carry out post, email and telephonic duties (manual and auto/predictive dialler activities).
- Effectively conclude forbearance options, using influencing and questioning techniques. This will include :
- Accurately capturing information to assess customer circumstances including customer Income and Expenditure information
- Operating within the prescribed client credit framework, escalating requests/requirements falling outside the client framework to the appropriate level
- Ensuring decisions are made in line with Client Policy rules and Financial Regulations and Legislation. This will include:
- Consideration of Forbearance options
- Identifying and assessing vulnerable customers and escalating forbearance solution requests outside of client policy
- Instructing tracing agents in line with Client Policy rules.
- Instructing solicitors in line with Client Policy rules
- Escalation of requests outside of the client credit framework to the appropriate party
- Carry out external service provider administration.
- Investigate and respond to complaints raised by customers and/or their representatives at first point of contact
- Assist in the review of processes and procedures as part of a continuous improvement programme
- Carry out other tasks and duties as assigned by the Team Manager
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Understanding of the collections and litigation process
- Ability to work in within a fast paced, telephone based financial environment, with a desire to exceed expectations
- Positive attitude and resilient when faced with challenging situations
- Ability to assess, analyse and recommend solutions to customer and process related challenges/problems
- Ability to show empathy to a customer’s situation without judging
- High degree of numerical and grammatical accuracy with an attention to detail
- Multi-tasking in the role to ensure that the business one touch approach to customer service is taken forward
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at C, to include Maths and English
- Previous arrears collections experience in a financial services role required
- Customer Service
- Financial Services