My client are a leading construction company with a portfolio of successfully completed projects across a range of sectors including Residential, Restoration / Refurbishment, Hospitality, Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical. They continue to invest in modern business practices and management techniques in order to ensure they remain at the cutting edge of our industry. We continue to build on our reputation with our focus firmly on growing the ability of the business to deliver in new and innovative ways.
They are seeing an experienced M&E Services Co-ordinator with residential project experience overseeing the design flow - as the ideal candidate you will be diploma/degree qualified in Engineering / Building Services with 5+ experiences.
The Services Co-ordinator is responsible for managing all service installations strictly in accordance procedures and guidelines. This includes managing their Services Contractors and other related Sub-Contractors / supply chain partners and personnel and driving the project through to successful completion. The Services Co-ordinator must be confident, enthusiastic, proactive, have a professional approach to their work and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
You must be able to analyse data to identify the critical sequence and quantify the resources required so that key management decisions can be made. The Services Co-ordinator reports to the Project Director, the Contracts Manager and senior members of construction staff.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
- Liaising with:
- Contracts Manager : programming and resourcing requirements
- Site Manager : Sub-Contractors’ programmes and co-ordination
- Quality Surveyor : on cost issues and on design options
- Utility Providers : Electrical Power/ Data Supplier, Gas Suppliers, Local Authorities for Drainage/ Roads etc
- Quality & Environmental Manager : maintaining site records in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 requirements
- Serving as a representative at Site Meetings;
- Developing design proposals at sketch, detail design and production stages;
- Must be able to explore and identify solutions to complex problems;
- Checking and reporting on specifications and design drawings;
- Ensuring that appropriate service/design decisions are met;
- Planning and managing AutoCAD and other documentation of design, installation and as constructed work;
- Co-ordinating his/her work with other members of the project team;
- Programming and facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and the Services Sub-Contractors;
- Attending meetings with clients, architects and consultants and keeping them informed of progress;
- Organising and chairing co-ordination meetings for the Services Sub-Contractors;
- Selecting and purchasing materials and plant for the job at hand;
- Inspection, assessment, commissioning and verification of mechanical systems /electrical systems on site;
- Demonstration of systems to Client / Client Representatives in accordance with design parameters
- Overseeing quality control and safety on the site while ensuring that regulations are standards are adhered to;
- Supervising and monitoring the on site labour force while also monitoring the work of any subcontractors;
- Planning the work and organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet deadlines;
- Good communication skills with the ability to work well in a team;
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work to strict deadlines using well developed time management skills;
- Generating and maintaining progress status reports and reporting on the Master Construction Programme;
- Coordination and timely submittal of the Safety File Data for the Client on project completion.
- Engineering degree/diploma or related discipline required
- Preferably 4+ years’ experience in Building Services Contractor / Consultant offices
- Familiar with Mechanical, Electrical, Sprinkler & Process Systems / Construction
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Package
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsiveness
- Proven track record in Commercial / Industrial Project
- Willing to contribute and adhere to the quality and safety requirements of the operation
- Building Services