Service Transition Programme Manager
Based at home with travel to Cumbria
Salary is Negotiable depending on Skills and experience
Please note that all applicants Must hold current SC Clearance and be sole UK National.
About the role
Capita IT Services, based in Cumbria are going through two major Service Transition Programmes and need a very strong and commercially aware Transition Programme Manager to take control and manage this end to end process. The successful candidate will manage an exit from the current Service Contract and transition to either a new Service contract or a new supplier.
About Capita | IT Services
Capita IT Services is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are a leading IT services company that provides cloud based and infrastructure services to public, private and third sector organisations and specialist managed IT services in the education, government, utilities and charities sectors.
We work in partnership with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their organisation and then create a technology strategy to support transformation, drive operational efficiency and reduce costs. Making IT work better for customers is our ultimate goal.
What you will do:
- Drawing on knowledge develop an initial view of the likely impact of transition for each area and the possible options for addressing it, as input to the transition planning and procurement requirements documentation.
- Lead the definition and agreement of the User Acceptance Criteria/Testing regime and any roll-back arrangements for the new service along with the technical experts and validate with the user divisions.
- Work with existing teams to review data provided to assess the commitments related to people and assets, and thereby identify appropriate transition / exit strategies, cost drivers and liabilities.
- Working with the existing teams identify processes and document the interfaces and exchanges to manage future change.
- Work with technical experts and key stakeholders to identify and manage dependencies.
- Work with HR to manage any TUPE transfer or retention issues through transition, and ensure that appropriate resources are assigned to the project.
Your experience will include:
- Previous experience of Managing Transition Programmes
- Operational Delivery for large ICT Estate - 10,000 users plus
- ITIL Service Management - 5 to 10 years
- Prince 2 Certified
- ITIL Certified (Red badge)
- Strong Stakeholder Management and Commercial Awareness
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Service Transition
- IT Programme Manager