PAREXEL Informatics is one of the industry’s leading solution providers and we help customers accelerate the drug development process through innovation. Our product portfolio is built on leading-edge technology and is combined with extensive medical and clinical expertise. As the technology business unit of PAREXEL International Corporation, we're able to leverage our massive investment in technology with our parent company's wealth of hands-on clinical expertise.
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
As the Service Transition Manager your primary role is to manage the implementation of new services in the new Transformation Run Services (TRS) and coordinate changes to existing services installed in TRS. This is a client-facing project management role focused on client support model implementations working collaboratively with Project Team (deployment) and TRS/non-TRS support teams (maintenance). The role executes Service Transition process in the PI business unit and it has responsibility to support Project Managers to deliver projects for various client accounts by providing quality management of service transition to TRS with the goal to minimize the costs of implementation and on-going maintenance but - at the same time - maximize customer satisfaction.
Key Accountabilities: The Service Transition Manager is expected to operate at a number of levels simultaneously in the management of the client support model implementations.
- Responsible for the implementation of assigned service transition projects within expected timelines and budget.
- Provide overall service transition project leadership for new awards from initiation through to the closure of transition into the service delivery teams.
- Service Transition Project Management by creation and maintenance of Service Transition to Operations Plan with specific focus on internal and external communication and management of timeline, resources, costs and risks.
- Act as the primary TRS client contact and escalation point during the development of new service offerings and manage the client relationship during the service implementation phase
- Create and maintain Service Transition to Operations Plan utilizing TRS Service Transition standards and project planning tools to define tasks, timelines and resources, manage/mitigate risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress, critical problems and expected outcomes
- Promotion of PAREXEL within the account to assure good relations
- Be available to the Customer or PI Project Leadership at all times as an escalation or contact point should the established channels fail to work effectively.
- The customer should be encouraged to consider Service Transition as their champion within PAREXEL.
- It is imperative that Service Transition gains and maintains a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s business including specific pressure points, special requirements and priorities.
- Equally the Service Transition will need to have a good understanding of the roles and responsibilities within the Client organisation as well as its partners and suppliers.
- Promotion of TRS support model and standards within the Client accounts, so new services are designed and delivered in line with approved strategy
- BS/BA required and MBA and/or advanced degree preferred or relevant work experience
- Detailed understanding of technology, services delivery framework (ITIL, specifically Service Transition) and Project Management methodologies - Thorough understanding of the clinical IT market and customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills - Client focused approach to work
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Very strong English written and verbal communication skills required - Foreign language skills desired but not essential.
Minimum Work Experience
- Previous experience in a clinical research environment, typically gained over a number of years.
- Combination of IT Service Management and Project Management experience, typically gained over many years.
- Service delivery framework experience required and ITIL certification is essential.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus and a benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
- Project Management
- Project Delivery