Cordant People are currently recruiting for a Service Technician in Hillingdon
The technician is responsible for the preparation, installation and maintenance of specialist medical devices / equipment, following customer purchase/rental agreements in the community and acute environments.
- Installation, maintenance and removal of medical and/or devices equipment, working to daily, weekly and monthly planned installation/maintenance plans.
- Decontamination of medical devices upon return from customer sites.
- Carry out electrical safety testing and diagnostic assessments on all electrical equipment.
- Deliver / collect medical equipment /devices in line with customer contract.
- Provide technical information, advice, and assistance regarding medical devices/equipment during installation and after to maintain customer relationships.
- Service existing installations to agreed standards, providing advice and guidance on appropriate use of the equipment, cleaning methods to assist performance of equipment / devices.
- Adapt established procedures, and develop new solutions to solve technical problems that arise in installations and maintenance of medical devices and equipment.
- Use company systems to maintain up-to-date customer records; track enquiries, access information, checklists, guidelines and other materials for assisting customer's enquiry.
- Coach less experienced service technicians to help them respond to installations / maintenance enquiries accurately and promptly.
- Manage the stock to meet business needs and demands, ensuring goods are stored correctly and safely and space is used efficiently.
- Assist the business to analyse customer enquiries to identify recurring problems, recommend solutions, and to identify areas where service can be improved.
- Assist with the development of problem solving guidelines, checklists, or other materials to assist technicians to respond to enquiries that are recurring or routine.
- Provide an out of hours on call service via rota 7-day shift pattern which will involve unsociable hours.
- Flexible attitude to work additional hours to ensure company and customer deadlines/demands are met.
- Work in a safe manner (aware of own and others) and have a proactive approach to all Health & Safety and environmental issues.
- Adapt / adopt new methods of working and/or new technology the Company introduces and undergo training as the Company directs.
This is not a definitive list of all tasks and is not intended to be a total definition of the job, but an outline of duties.
- Previous experience in a maintenance environment (ideally care or hospital environment).
- Previous experience in a mechanical or electrical environment.
- An awareness of health and safety in a technical environment, with manual handling requirements.
- Full driving license is essential to this role (6 points max).
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and work colleagues.
- The ability to work quickly (safely) and methodically.
- Good team working skills the ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks.
- Be self-motivated and work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Good IT skills with experience of Outlook, PDA /Smart Phone and ERP (SAGE 200).
- Knowledge of UDI/Barcoding and other traceability systems.
- Flexible approach to working conditions and working environment change.
Cordant People is an equal opportunities employer.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Service Technician
- Medical Equipment Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'