Our client has an opportunity for a Service Technician to join their team in Chipping Warden on a full time, permanent basis. As a Qualified or Semi-skilled Service Technician you will work in their Flow Workshop, maintaining vehicles to specific manufacturer guidelines and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £21,000 per annum plus benefits including pension, perkbox, training and progression opportunities.
Our client is the premier provider in their sector of the automotive industry and are retained by leading automotive manufacturers to manage all aspects of their experiential marketing and test drive fleets for activity in the corporate, press and PR sector. They represent many of the most desired brands in the automotive industry and their employees must do the same.
Key responsibilities of our client’s Service Technician include:
- Carrying out vehicle health checks as part of a flow line, as well as minor repairs, servicing and tyre replacements
- Managing own paperwork, including a daily worksheet and individual Brand specific tick sheets
- Managing own workload, ensuring completed efficiently and in keeping with the high standards and demands of our clients
- Flexible working hours to cover shifts during holiday periods
- Required to carry out Services, PDI’s, PDC’s and minor mechanical repairs to all their brands.
- Detect any vehicle defects and/or symptoms of impending failure and report to their Damage Administrator.
- To interpret technical service information and data from manuals, bulletins and / or computer files and data and implement.
- Ensure that all Company equipment and tools are kept in a clean, safe condition at all times and to report any shortage or damage/faulty equipment to the Technical Services Supervisor.
- Help and support your team, making sure all daily targets are met.
- Assist in helping work on other clients’ or manufacturers’ vehicles where necessary, according to the needs of the business.
- To abide the sites H&S processes and to keep the workshop areas clean.
To become our client’s Service Technician you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Relevant experience in a workshop environment
- Good level of industry knowledge/awareness
- City & Guilds 1,2,& 3 in Motor Vehicle Studies or Higher BTEC
- Good written and verbal communication skills, to all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Has a strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Efficient, orderly and timely, ensuring all tasks are achieved within the set time-scales
- Professional attitude, building and maintaining strong relationships with internal departments
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised to achieve high standards with a good attention to detail
- Proactive, positive and flexible attitude to work
- Recognises and values each person’s contribution to the team. Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Successful completion of Manufacturer's training courses would be desirable
Interested? Please click 'apply’ below today to become their Service Technician.
Chipping Warden is commutable from Banbury, Royal Leamington Spa, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Chipping Norton, Brackley, Bicester and surrounding areas.