gap personnel have a fantastic opportunity to join our client based in Melksham on a permanent basis as a service technician.
You will be forming part of the service and warehouse team and you need to be self-motivated, a team player and have a great work ethic. My client are looking to invest time with a candidate who has an interest in the motorsport industry and can add value to their department.
- Collecting tyres from their production unit to quality check, count, label and update stock into the warehouse facility
- Trackside support for various national and international race meetings and tyre tests to include driving HGVs to the various circuits, fitting and balancing tyres at the track.
- Selecting and assembly of tyres for customer and trackside shipments.
- Loading and unloading of tyres onto vehicles and containers.
- Delivery of tyres to dealers and freight agents.
- Day to day warehousing duties.
- No week will look the same - 70% of this role is based in the warehouse in Melksham however UK/EU travel is required. 30% of the role will be driving based. 3 days per week on average are based in the warehouse and the others will be travelling.
- Weekend work will be required at track so flexibility is required.
- LGV Class C+E driving licence is essential and CPC card.
- A current valid Passport is essential due to some tracksides being based in the EU. All transport, accommodation and expenses are paid for.
- Willing and able to travel on a regular basis and be flexible with working hours.
- Be comfortable with manual work as this role does involve heavy lifting and is fast pace.
- Have a keen eye for detail and be keen to learn new skills.
My client is interviewing for this role immediately and offer a fantastic working environment and good progression for the right candidate.
Starting salary is £24,374 per annum + overtime. (Approx earnings £30K after overtime.)
- Quality Assurance