An excellent career opportunity for a Biomedical Scientist to join a leading worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of in-vitro diagnostics solutions!
Their extensive range of products cover Acute care, Haemostasis, Immunology, Serology, Molecular biology and IT.
The company are seeking a Biomedical Scientist with a background in Haematology, Pathology IT or similar to join the team at their Warrington based offices.
Your role will involve providing proactive instrument monitoring and technical support across their portfolio of diagnostic instruments and IT system products, present in NHS and private facilities throughout the UK.
- Provide direct support to instrument end users via telephone and remote desktop.
- Monitor 'connected' instrumentation for developing faults and liaise with the field engineering team to resolve developing issues proactively.
- Be an important interface between customers and the engineering team, helping to coordinate resolution for support cases ranging from simple to highly complex.
- Provide customers and partner companies with performance reports for the company's services.
- Contribute to the delivery and development of a 'Quality' service in line with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001 standards.
- Assist with customer and employee education.
- A Laboratory Scientist, Technician or experienced Technical Support operative and have a background in a Biological Science or Medical Technology, ideally with a relevant degree level qualification.
- Someone with several years' work experience in a medical laboratory or technical environment.
- Familiar with In-Vitro diagnostics and one or more of the company's product lines.
- Enthusiastic about problem solving and able to think and act quickly under pressure.
- Someone who enjoys talking to and helping others, with exemplary verbal and written English language skills.
- Naturally positive and helpful, with great organisational skills.
- Proud of your work, with keen attention to detail.
- An effective communicator, with a strong customer focus, team orientation and self-initiative.
- Proficient with or able to learn IT hardware and systems, preferably with a basic understanding of network connections.
- Resident within a manageable daily commuting distance from Warrington, Cheshire.
Internal training on required instruments and systems will be provided.