Location: Ringwood, Hampshire
Salary: c £18,000 doe
Our client is winning lots of new contracts and are therefore expanding. They install heating and ventilation systems in commercial premises across the UK and have a wide variety of clients.
They are now looking for a trainee sales/project engineer or administrator to join their small but friendly team.
The successful candidate will have min 2 years work experience with a mature personality. A head for figures and maths is essential as you will be inputting sales figures and quotes onto a spreadsheet. Good English is also essential.
You will be an excellent communicator both verbally and on email (if you’re frightened of picking up the phone then this isn’t the role for you!).
You will be supporting a Director and a Senior Manager when they are out visiting clients and will be the point of contact back in the office. You will be able to learn all aspects of the business with excellent progression prospects for the future. This might mean you could progress into a Sales role or even Engineering if you so wish and show the right aptitude and attitude.
You will be computer literate (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook) and be able to speak to engineers, suppliers and colleagues. Full training will be given and you will be put through your CSCS (health and safety) card. The opportunity to go out on site with other colleagues in the future is also possible.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to help prepare quotes, chase suppliers for quotes.
Sales administration to include master quote register and sells forecast sheets from sales engineers, general sales administration (holiday cover)
Essential Qualifications and Attributes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven work experience in office administration
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to organise, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with any issues that may arise.
- CSCS skills card (general site visitor) - The company will put the suitable candidate through this exam
- Any specialist training to allow site visits will also be provided during the induction period (no site visit will take place until the induction period is completed)
- Interviews are likely to take place on a Monday or a Friday.
- sales support
- sales admin
- Project administrator
- service administrator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job