You will support the Service Delivery Management group in the management and delivery of the day to day operational IT Services provided to Whitbread’s internal customers. The role will require the co-ordination of 3rd party suppliers, partners and internal IT teams to ensure services are available.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Participate in regular meetings with customers to review service performance and understand ongoing and changing service experience
- Assist in the provision of IS service performance reports to internal IS stakeholders
- Support our strategic supplier in the effective co-coordinating of relevant parties within the major incident process
- Acting as the first point of contact for matters related to the management of incidents by our strategic supplier. This will include, but not be limited to, the management of Site In Distress processes.
- Assist in obtaining Root Causes to major incidents and ensure that actions are followed up and acted upon in relevant forums.
- Works with the appropriate project teams to assist in the knowledge of end users behaviours and experience with services to ensure we build effective projects
- Assist in the development of new processes and take ownership for seeking out improvements to processes and governance meetings.
- Identify and escalate IS security concerns to Service Delivery Mangers to ensure they are mitigated by suppliers or addressed by our internal security operational team.
- Provides out of hours on call support, as part of a team rota structure, to enable appropriate communications mechanism for Whitbread.
What we are looking for
- Able to work independently and as part of a wider team, with capability of managing own workload.
- Displays good inter-personal skills, demonstrating the ability to relate to customers in their own language.
- Has project and/or change management experience on technology based projects and/or programmes.
- Experience producing reports and registers on defect/problem reporting data (e.g. data extracted from the configuration management system/known error database)
- A basic knowledge of IT and knowledge of several generic desktop software tools and, where applicable, deeper knowledge of at least one of the software applications used within the organisation.
- Identifies gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps.
- Understands the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) and the IT applications and service processes used within the organisation.