Are you ambitious and looking for a new challenge?
A highly rewarding opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Manager to join our enthusiastic team. The first 6-12 months of this role will be based in our Islington service to cover maternity leave. You will then be relocated to another service within the region on a permanent basis.
The Service Operations Manager will be responsible for a large team of dedicated part-time/full-time Support Workers who are committed to looking after 9 adults that we support that have complex needs and a learning disability.
As a Service Operations Manager you will responsible for managing compliance, overseeing team management and development, managing finances, organising rota's and guaranteeing the quality of the service delivery. In addition to this you must have a 'hands on' attitude and willingness to support the service directly as and when required.
Shifts are typically over Monday - Friday, however due to the service requirements flexibility is key from both yourself and us. The hours are flexible but you must be willing to meet the service needs as and when required. You will be rota'd do work one in three weekends and be on call once every three months.
• Ensure that the service is fully compliant
• Practice Management
• Observing staff to ensure high standards are continuously met
• Ensure all Health & Safety regulations are met
• Liaising with the families and other stakeholders of the people we support
• Ensuring the continuous development of the team.
• Managing a budget & Resources
We are looking for someone who is not only calming and caring but who is inclusive, positive, and trustworthy and can challenge the mind-set of others that may not fully understand Learning Disability.
Key Skills & Experiences:
• It is essential that you have previous experience within the Learning & Disability Sector/ Healthcare
• Knowledge and understanding of Mencap's 5 Core Values
• Previous experience of managing large teams
• It is required that you have knowledge/passion for Person Centred Care which is putting people first.
• It is a requirement that you have some knowledge or experience of managing registered service. The successful candidate will be required to become a registered manager with Care Quality Commission (CQC) /
At Mencap we offer an attractive pension scheme, competitive holiday allowance, business mileage, childcare vouchers and much more!
Please contact Debbie Knight on for more information.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Vacancy ID: 11896