Position: Service Manager (Residential)
Location: Torquay - Devon
Hours: Full time, permanent
Salary: £29,000 + benefits
Benefits: Flexible working hours, paid training and DBS, Wider Wallet (high street online discount scheme), Comprehensive induction and training, realistic progression (we are an award-winning organisation who are committed to developing people from within), Staff pension
'What I enjoy about my job is that every day is different. I like seeing that we make a difference to the people we support - it feeds the soul’
Harbour is a large Victorian house set within attractive gardens in a residential area on the outskirts of Torquay. We are a service for young adults with Autism, moderate to severe Learning Disabilities and complex needs, including associated diagnosis and challenging behaviours. The service will enable them to achieve their highest level of independence, to make sense of the world around them, to facilitate communication and to move on to live the life they choose.
"After breakfast, the people we support either relax, or get involved in activities of their choice, which I help them with. This might include attending communication workshops, playing games, going on trips around the county, going shopping, or anything else planned in their weekly schedules.
"Afterwards, some people like to go to the pub, where they’re fondly known by the locals. We judge the value of activities by asking: "does this meet their individual needs, and make them smile?"
Summary of Role:
We are looking for an inspirational service manager for our lovely residential home in Torquay, Devon. The salary is £29,000 and our ideal applicant must have experience in all aspects of the day to day running of a service. Been responsible for the day to day management of the Service, you will be monitoring activities and ensuring the quality of support and care is in line with Regard policy and sector regulatory standards. You will create a culture of team development and team working that aspires to delivering best practice for individuals using our services and demonstrate effective communication and promote a culture of transparency and equity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Focus on recruitment and retention
- Attending service review meetings, outcome based meetings, safeguarding meetings etc representing Regard Group.
- Ensure the service is legally and ethically compliant
- Manage and motivate the team, including support workers, to meet the people we support care needs
- Responding to all the complaints and safeguarding related communication
- Ensure healthcare workers provide the required quality standards determined by the company
- Organise team meetings when required
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Effectively and confidentially managing data and information
- Providing exceptional customer care; undertaking relevant risk assessments
- Ensuring there are safe working environments for staff, investigating any accidents and complaints using process
- Have a good understanding of current CQC regulations along with other overarching governing bodies relevant to the Care Industry.
- Have a clear vision of how to support service to achieve "Outstanding" CQC results.
- Ability to follow through and monitor Improvement plan progress
- Have good IT skills, proficient with Word and familiar with excel although not essential.
- Good communicator, positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, Resilient, Good eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills, to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic and pleasant individual - happy to take on ad hoc tasks
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and fast-growing company environment
- Have previous experience previously been a Care Manager or similar role
- Full UK driving license
- Preferably have; Level 4 NVQ, QCF or equivalent
Please apply by completing a short registration, your CV will be sent directly to the recruitment team for review.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'