Role type: Residential Management
Location: Douglas House - Plymouth - Devon
Closing date: 07/11/2018
DescriptionPosition: Service Manager (Residential)
Location: Plymouth - Devon
Hours: Full-time although Part-time hours may be considered for the right candidate
Salary: £23,000 + benefits
Benefits: Childcare Vouchers;Occupational sick leave;Auto-Enrolment pension scheme,Various E-Learning courses, specific to your individual role,Long service recognition awards
Closing Date: 7/11/18
We provide bespoke packages of care and support to young adults with a Learning Disability/Mental Health condition, Aspergers/Autism, those with forensic history A.D.D/A.D.H.D and/or emotional/behavioural difficulties. We use person-centred planning to support people to live the life they choose, make decisions, enhance their daily living and independence skills, understand their rights and responsibilities and access local communities for work, education and training and leisure opportunities.Douglas House is a four bedroom Victorian terraced property in central Plymouth, ten minutes’ walk from Plymouth city centre. Within the city centre there are many shops, the Theatre Royal, cinemas, pubs and restaurants. The railway station is five minutes’ walk away offering good rail links to London, Cornwall and the rest of the country.
Summary of Role:
Responsible for the day to day management of the Service, monitoring activities and ensuring the quality of support and care is in line with Regard policy and sector regulatory standards. To create a culture of team development and team working that aspires to delivering best practice for individuals using our services. Demonstrates effective communication and promotes a culture of transparency and equity. Demonstrates the ability to represent the organisation in an appropriate and professional manner in all internal and external contact and relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Focus on recruitment and retention
- Attending service review meetings, outcome based meetings, safeguarding meetings etc representing Regard Group.
- Ensure the service is legally and ethically compliant
- Manage and motivate the team, including support workers, to meet the people we support care needs
- Responding to all the complaints and safeguarding related communication
- Ensure healthcare workers provide the required quality standards determined by the company
- Organise team meetings when required
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Effectively and confidentially managing data and information
- Providing exceptional customer care; undertaking relevant risk assessments
- Ensuring there are safe working environments for staff, investigating any accidents and complaints using process
- Have a good understanding of current CQC regulations along with other overarching governing bodies relevant to the Care Industry.
- Have a clear vision of how to support service to achieve “Outstanding” CQC results.
- Ability to follow through and monitor Improvement plan progress
- Have good IT skills, proficient with Word and familiar with excel although not essential.
- Good communicator, positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, Resilient, Good eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills, to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic and pleasant individual - happy to take on ad hoc tasks
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and fast-growing company environment
- Have previous experience previously been a Care Manager or similar role
- Full UK driving license
- Preferably have; Level 4 NVQ, QCF or equivalent
Please apply by completing a short registration, your CV will be sent directly to the recruitment team for review.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'