Welmede are looking for a Service Manager to join our team in Caterham to manage 6 services in the surrounding area. There are 2 domiciliary care services and 4 community-based support services for adults with learning disabilities, autism, mental health issues, and complex needs. The service users require support with personal care, health and safety, finances, medication, and activities such as shopping or gardening.
In this role you will motivate and inspire your team to provide outstanding support through effective training, coaching, and leadership by example. Acting as a role model and leader in the full delivery of active support, you will empower the people we support to have active and fulfilling lives aligned with their needs and aspirations. You will be responsible for staff appraisals, rotas, support plans, managing budgets, and monthly reports and will be mainly based in the Caterham area.
Welmede, part of the Avenues Trust Group, is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life. This might be everyday things like providing support to do the shopping, getting a new haircut or just making a drink. But it’s also about more delicate stuff, like choosing where to live, supporting them to take a shower or the development of friendships.
Welmede currently holds an outstanding overall CQC rating.
Due to the nature of this role it is essential for the successful applicant to hold a full valid UK driving licence and to have access to their own vehicle.
Benefits of working for Welmede
- 31 annual leave days including bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Career progression and internal opportunities
- Sector leading learning and development facilities
- Ongoing support from local and central teams
- The ability to build long-term relationships with the people we support
- A permanent, stable job in an ever-growing organisation
- Company pension scheme
You will need to demonstrate that you share our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Person Centred, Passion and Responsibility and…
- Be a social care professional with experience in working with people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours
- Have a strong understanding of best practice in delivering support to people with different needs and a passion for doing so
- Experience managing registered or supported living services
- Knowledge and a good understanding of current CQC/sector regulations and legislation
- Be flexible to work early morning, late evening, waking night/sleep-in, and on-call shifts where necessary; 39 hours per week.
- Be able to travel/easily commute to Caterham on a daily basis.
Apply today to find out more about careers with Avenues and how you can make a difference to someone’s life.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"