Job reference number 88339
Rowland Hill House
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. As one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
Job title - Service Manager
The Service Manager represents Royal Mail in the delivery of all existing and new IT Services that supports Royal Mails business. The role is responsible for ensuring that Royal Mails IT Services are delivered as specified in the formal agreements between the Business, the Technology Organisation and the Suppliers.
- Manage the day to day delivery of IT Services. Establish excellent relationships with the customers, suppliers and business. Co-ordinate the involvement of all parties in the resolution of long running or complex High Priority Incidents
- Oversee the investigation, diagnosis and coordination of resolution and recovery actions for all High Priority Incidents. Ensure the business impact is understood and effectively communicated to all business stakeholders.
- Drive and deliver the production of root cause analysis and remediation actions for all High Priority incidents
- Support the Major Incident Management Process within Royal Mail
- Perform the out of hours duty manager role on a rota basis, and co-ordinate Service Providers to resolve Major Incidents
- Analyse performance data and service monitoring capabilities to identify trends, underlying issues and services that are in need of improvement and propose appropriate remediation to the relevant Senior Service Manager
- Proactively search for opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Royal Mails IT services. Lead the implementation of Service Improvement Plans
- Present the performance management reports from Service Providers in a format that provides insight and allows effective, informed management decision making and awareness
- Work closely with other teams in Service Delivery to ensure all new services and changes to existing service are accepted into Service in a controlled and seamless manner
- Support the Senior Service Manager to ensure appropriate Service Level Agreements between the Business and Service Delivery. Review Service Level Agreements with both customers and suppliers on a periodic basis and verify they are fit for business need
- Support the Senior Service Manager to ensure the Service Catalogue is accurate and current for all Royal Mails IT Services
- Support the Senior Service Manager to ensure Service Risks are identified, understood and mitigated
- Support in embedding a culture of collaboration across Royal Mails Service Providers, creating high performance virtual supplier teams focussed on delivery service availability
- Ability to create collaborative virtual teams across multiple suppliers to deliver high levels of service and availability
- Build collaborative working relationships across Technology and the business
- Delivering key components for the service introduction processes
- Accurate reporting of IT service performance levels
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the RMG IT services.
- Have strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills
- Have experience in Service Management and Service Level Agreements
- Must be able to work with the technical staff from the Suppliers on a day-day basis.
- Experience of working in an ITIL compliant environment (ITIL qualified)
- Excellent track record of managing suppliers in reaching successful outcomes
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 03/05/2018
Service Manager, Manager, Performance Management, Customer Service, Management, Human Resources