Our Client is the UK’s largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £115m per annum from 19 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
They are now looking for a Service Manager who is keen and driven to manage the machinery repairs at their Littleport branch, based in Cambridgeshire.
You will be responsible for the efficient running of the Service office, covering agricultural, construction and both professional and domestic horticultural machinery repairs. Together with the organisation and management of the service staff, customer relations and the departmental profitability, whilst maintaining effective and accurate communications between management, customers and technicians.
- Knowledge of agricultural, construction and or horticultural equipment would be advantageous
- Previous management experience or supervisory is desirable
- Familiarity of profit/loss management and reporting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal diplomatically with customers during busy periods both verbal and written
- Can remain calm under pressure
- Be organized and have the ability to multitask efficiently
- Can deal with staff related matters confidently and in line with company procedures
- Proactive and methodical in approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the business
- Act with discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- Ability to manage customer expectations without over committing
- Able to work alone and on your own initiative
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance as customer facing role