The Service Manager is responsible for the warehouse operation within the distribution centre taking full responsibility for delivering operational excellence in the warehouse. You will manage, motivate and provide clear direction to Engineers, Electricians and warehouse colleagues within the stock, pick, service and dispatch teams. You will be commercially astute, serious about safety, clear focus on KPI delivery whilst maintaining strict budgetary control.
- To manage, mentor and coach direct reports in the creation of a successful and effective warehouse / Engineer team providing clear direction as appropriate.
- Lead, coach and motivate a team of drivers and engineers to ensure the best level of internal and external customer service is provided
- Review and manage performance and development needs of the drivers and engineers
- Ensure the vehicle fleet and haulage companies are effectively utilized by managing transport performance
- Ensure the vehicle fleet is well maintained along with holding accurate documentation and records
- Ensure stock counts, adjustments and stock reconciliation are carried out in line with company process and timescales.
- To manage the execution and reconciliation of the bi-annual stock takes.
- Ensure the timely and efficient resolution of all stock anomalies are actioned, reviewing and reporting as required.
- To work within agreed budgetary limits ensuring strict cost control and spend to agreed levels.
- To be accountable for ensuring company operating metrics are met including warehouse productivity, vehicle loading and unloading and stock counts
- To provide effective resource planning and attention to detail in terms of ensuring work load organisation and management in order to meet the daily operational KPIs.
- To ensure warehouse operational costs are managed to budget with appropriate colleague rota planning and scheduling to meet anticipated activity levels.
- Ensure compliance with all systems, procedures and processes, identifying procedural non-conformance within the warehouse operations and escalate or resolve as necessary.
- To promote stock integrity as a fundamental part of all warehousing activities.
- Ensure compliance to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures, responsible for compliance of the Work Place Safety Compliance Register and Monthly HSEQ audits.
- Ensure all equipment within Distribution Centre meets safety standards and is 'fit for hire’.
- Ensure all items are serviced before every hire and processed via company systems
- Maintain healthy interdepartmental relationships, with the Operations Manager and Logistics Manager.
- To be recognised as an expert in warehouse and service operations with past experience of success in a similar warehouse environment.
- Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front.
- Warehouse management experience gained within a dynamic, fast paced and resource intensive environment
- Ability to work in a busy environment and adhere to strict dead lines
- Ability to manage and solve problems effectively.
- Financial understanding and cost management
- Rota planning and people planning
- Experience leading a team and developing talent
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions with the Sales Sector. We are an equal opportunities employer and committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability
- Plant Hire
- Safety Compliance
- Warehouse Management
- Service Operations