Service Manager - Learning Disabilities
Supported Living Care
£32k + Benefits
Prism 7 Recruitment are looking to recruit a Service Manager for their service in Folkstone that care for Service Users with Learning Disabilities
Our client is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. They are committed to providing the highest levels of care to their residents
To enable them to do this they need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
Benefits the company offer
• Permanent contracts 37.5 hrs per week
• A full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
• FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
• Career progression path within the company
• Competitive rates of pay
• Employee Assistance Helpline
• Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
• Retail discount vouchers
• Apprenticeships offered to those with less experience looking to join
the Care Sector
• Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
• DBS check paid by the company prior to starting with them
• SAYE Scheme
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Service Manager
1. Lead and direct the day-to-day operational management of the home, ensuring that available resources are used effectively to enable the provision of a good quality service.
2. Ensure that all staff working within the home receive regular supervision, in accordance with company policy.
3. Work closely with the Service Development Team, participating in the selection and compatibility of potential new residents, their assessment, and transition into the home if appropriate.
4. Ensure that all service users have a dynamic support plan, which involves the person as far as is possible, takes account that person’s needs and aspirations, and is reviewed regularly.
5. Hold responsibility for ensuring that the home operates in accordance with all statutory requirements, using the National Minimum Standards as a benchmark for good practice.
6. Ensure that the home offers a safe environment geared to creating opportunities for the personal development of service users, taking into account practical, physical and emotional needs.
7. Take a lead role for risk analysis within the home, ensuring that appropriate assessments take place, and plans put in place to minimise risk where necessary.
8. Ensure that all steps are taken to maintain the health of people living within the home.
9. Play a supporting role to Senior Managers regarding the Contract Monitoring process, providing reports and management information on the conduct of the home where this is necessary.
10. Liaise with external Agencies as appropriate, and ensure that contact between the staff team and those Agencies is conducted in a professional manner.
11. Work with the Personnel Department in supporting the recruitment and selection of staff, and assist the Area Manager in the formulation of staffing strategies, Policies and Procedures, and other pieces of managerial work as required.
12. Participate, as required, in the formulation of budgets, and to monitor expenditure in specific budget headings, as required.
13. Ensure that proper record and administrative systems are in place within the home, as required by Company Policy & Procedures, and Statutory Authorities.
14. Be accountable for the management of the Home’s petty cash float and any monies/valuables belonging to service users kept within the home.
15. Participate in the Area’s on-call management system as required.
16. Ensure that the home is run in accordance with good Health & Safety practice and legal requirements.
17. Ensure that maintenance and equipment renewal needs are communicated to the relevant person, obtaining costings/quotes where appropriate, and then ordering items/services once authorised.
18. Ensure that good communication networks are maintained within the home, upwards within the company's management structure, and sideways to relevant others.
19. Support the Company’s Disciplinary & Grievance processes, as required, including involvement in Investigations, and the Chairing of Disciplinary Hearings if need be.
20. Ensure that all staff within the Home are aware of, and adhere to, Company Policy & Procedures, and to have involvement in the review and revision of these, and other Company documents when required.
21. Undertake any other managerial tasks as required, in accordance with the seniority and level of responsibility inherent in this position.
The Successful Service Manager will have
• NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards.
• Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning
disabilities and/or mental health issues.
• The ability to keep calm under pressure.
• Confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
• The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
• Driving license would be beneficial
If you are all of the above and looking for an exciting new adventure, in this service then contact Prism 7 Recruitment now for further details and an informal chat.....
- Health Care
- Learning Disabilities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job