Description Position:Residential Service Manager
Location: Hazelwood House - East Cowes - Isle of Wight
Closing date: 24/08/2018
Company: Regard Group
Salary: £26,500, full time, Permanent contract
Hazelwood House is a detached house built in 1904 by a local builder with colour washed elevations and tiled roof. The gardens are mostly laid to lawn with shrubs and fruit trees. There are three patio areas. One of which incorporates a barbecue. There is also a large summer house.At the front of the house is a large driveway, which provides ample parking for staff and visitors. The home has wheelchair access via a small ramp; which leads to the front entrance.
Ephasis is placed on ensuring that everyone enjoys the highest quality of life, being supported and encouraged in every aspect of their livesThe team at Hazelwood provides 24 hour support to adults with mild to moderate learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. The staff support is structured to meet individual requirements. Community participation and involvement is actively encouraged through person centred planning, to meet individual goals and aspirations, which keep the person safe and happy.
East Cowes has a medical centre where the G.P, Practice Nurse, District Nurse, Chiropody and other health professionals hold clinics.
The service provides leisure activities on the weekend with a wide variety to chose from. Everyone is also given choice in the evenings if they would like to go to social clubs or pubs in the local community.Everyone is given the opportunity to take an annual holiday and staff support the people within the service on these trips.
Summary of Role:
Responsible for the day to day management of the Service, monitoring activities and ensuring the quality of support and care is in line with Regard policy and sector regulatory standards. To create a culture of team development and team working that aspires to delivering best practice for individuals using our services. Demonstrates effective communication and promotes a culture of transparency and equity. Demonstrates the ability to represent the organisation in an appropriate and professional manner in all internal and external contact and relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Focus on recruitment and retention
- Attending service review meetings, outcome based meetings, safeguarding meetings etc representing Regard Group.
- Ensure the service is legally and ethically compliant
- Manage and motivate the team, including support workers, to meet the people we support care needs
- Responding to all the complaints and safeguarding related communication
- Ensure healthcare workers provide the required quality standards determined by the company
- Organise team meetings when required
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Effectively and confidentially managing data and information
- Providing exceptional customer care; undertaking relevant risk assessments
- Ensuring there are safe working environments for staff, investigating any accidents and complaints using process
- Have a good understanding of current CQC regulations along with other overarching governing bodies relevant to the Care Industry.
- Have a clear vision of how to support service to achieve "Outstanding" CQC results.
- Ability to follow through and monitor Improvement plan progress
- Have good IT skills, proficient with Word and familiar with excel although not essential.
- Good communicator, positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, Resilient, Good eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills, to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic and pleasant individual - happy to take on ad hoc tasks
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and fast-growing company environment
- Have previous experience previously been a Care Manager or similar role
- Full UK driving license
- Preferably have; Level 4 NVQ, QCF or equivalent
Please apply by completing a short registration, your CV will be sent directly to the recruitment team for review.
Job Type: Full-time
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"