The council require someone who can manage a business support team and small helpdesk, engineer new business, financial management process and ensure the Council are using their Asset management systems to manage workflows and reporting on performance. You will also be required to write reports and develop presentations for senior management.
The team manager would manage the helpdesk service with a responsibility for:
- Utilising technical knowledge and experience of a portfolio of Council properties to diagnose, categorise and estimate the value of a repair in order to allocate the work to the correct contractor
- Making outgoing phone calls to internal services and external contractors to allocate work and provide job details including all necessary health and safety requirements, and to get feedback on work quality and customer satisfaction.
The skills and experience we would be looking for would therefore include:
- Significant experience in managing a business support team / business support function (includes approving leave, completing PDRs, etc.)
- Experience of utilising a public sector business / asset management system
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Significant experience of creating and producing performance reports and presentations for the management team
- Ability to analyse complex data and produce statistical and pictorial reports
- Ability to identify and implement improvements to processes / systems in order to increase business efficiency
- Knowledge of property management / facilities management / asset management or in a related field
- Awareness of accounts payable procedures and financial IT systems dealing with payment of invoices
- Highly organised, able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines
- High level of literacy and numeracy sufficient to perform the job tasks
- Able to manage the team budget (staff and systems).
It would also be beneficial (but not essential) if the candidate has:
- Experience in the public sector
Although the role is at Service Manager level, an experienced, capable candidate with team management / leadership skills might also be suitable.
Hourly rate £25ph UMBRELLA
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business