Our client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of surface coating machinery and due to increased worldwide demand for their products Staffbase have been appointed to recruit for the position of Service & Installation Engineer.
We are seeking an experienced multi-skilled engineer (electrical bias) with good PLC skills to join our client's engineering team to carry out machine installation and maintenance work both at home and overseas.
This position will demand extensive international travel (Europe & Asia) sometimes at short notice so please only apply for the is position if you are happy to undertake frequent overseas travel.
Reporting to the service manager you will be responsible for installation, commissioning and maintenance of various types of surface coating machinery.
Your duties will include but is not limited to the following;
- Provide mechanical/electrical and general project support for any equipment orders being processed and support of internal R&D projects or technical cost evaluation as and when required.
- Investigate and support of any equipment queries / break downs including process evaluation, fault finding and break down recovery.
- To support as required with machinery, trials, equipment build, conversion
- To support all aspects of machine installation and commissioning globally including regular service routines.
- Compile performance data
- To support agents/sub agents on site visits for potential customer process / trials.
- Generate customer visit reports identifying customer data/concerns and competition activities.
We are seeking applicants who have a good electrical and mechanical maintenance experience.
Candidates will have the following skills;
- Electrical fault find and repair
- 17th Edition Electrical Wiring
- PLC skills (Siemens/Allen Bradley)
- Experience in maintaining pneumatics, pumps, hydraulics
- Ability to read electrical / mechanical drawings
- Previous machine installation / commissioning experience
Applicants with 'robotics experience' will have advantage
Hours of work:
Mon-Fri 37.5 hour week
(Early finish Friday)
- Excellent basic salary
- Travel expenses
- 33 days annual leave
- Life Insurance
- Sick Pay
- 17th Edition
- Multi-skilled engineer