£38 - 45k
Better People are working with a global leader in manufacturing machinery within the food sector to recruit talented experienced Service Engineers for their Bedford location.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The new Service Engineer role will require you to travel to customer locations to lead installation upgrades and maintenance of machinery; liasing with clients on site in their factories to provide the highest level of customer service. The client base are food preparation and packaging businesses so some experience of the food or packaging industries will be an advantage. The Service Engineer will also work on site in Bedford to calibrate and test machines prior to installation at the clients operation. The role includes troubleshooting, installations, commissioning and upgrade projects for capital machinery.
The role will require you to travel overseas and you will be away in the Far East, South America and Europe more than in the UK. This is excellent if you are unattached or have no ties at home but may be more difficult if you have a small child or a puppy.
WHAT YOU'LL BE:
- Experienced in the maintenance and operation of slitting and rewinding equipment - definitely an advantage
- Understanding of basic mechanical and/or electrical engineering principles
- Experienced at working as a Service Engineer
- Physically fit and agile
- Customer focussed and able to build effective business relationships
- Used to working within remote diagnostic, technical support solutions
- Adept at multi skilling across electrics, pneumatics, hydraulics etc
- A good communicator with a good standard of English (other languages would be useful too but English is essential!)
The basic salary is augmented by generous overtime payments earned whilst travelling. With a basic salary of between £25 and £35k, the overtime/travelling payments will increase your earnings by a further £10k per annum bringing the package to £45k..
This is a brilliant company who offer support training and a high level of employee care meaning they have a very low staff turnover.
If you are looking to develop your career in a global leading business and travel the world at the same time then apply now.
- Service Engineering
- Field Service Engineering
- Maintenance Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'