Here is the job description –
To service, repair and install industrial doors, loading bay and access equipment, personnel doors, car park barrier systems and security equipment. You would normally work as part of a team of 2 out of one of their fully equipped service vans.
The role will involve travelling to different sites within their operational areas, normally within 40 miles of each of their depot locations carrying out works as required. You will be expected to join the standby rota, at present 1 week in 10. Working hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday with reasonable overtime if required. They are however, unusual, in the industry in that they do intentionally not cover a large geographical area and place an emphasis on a good work/life balance.
- Industrial door experience or a proven background in a hands-on maintenance position which can demonstrate the ability to master the skills required.
- Full UK driving licence
- Commitment to working hard, being flexible and a team player
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills
- Basic electrical knowledge or welding skills would be an advantage.
- Electrically qualified
The Company Will Offer
- Competitive salary – basic wage of £24K to £30K dependant on experience, knowledge and qualifications, expect an OTE however as a minimum of £27K to £35K, more if you wish to do more overtime/weekend work.
- Overtime, good attendance payments, standby and callout payments are in addition to the basic wage listed above.
- Contributory pension scheme
- 28 days holiday inc bank holidays plus additional 3 days for excellent attendance record, potential for 31 days per year
- Company vehicle – available for work duties and commuting
- Company phone/tablet
- Performance related payment for attendance and depot profitability, these can be quite substantial and are paid prior to Christmas each year.
- PPE and company uniform provided
- A good work life balance - they are not a national company travelling hundreds of miles everyday
Please email a copy of your CV to
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'