Our client is a leading global systems provider of advanced integrated technology in parking management systems. They develop, manufacture, distribute and service equipment and have a tradition of innovation and invention.
They now require a Service Engineer to work at one of their key customer sites based South of Manchester.THE ROLE
- You will install, service, repair and provide PPM first line basic maintenance cover on a range of networked electronic and electro-mechanical systems on a large site which operates on a 24/7 and 365 day system.
- The role will involve working a 48 hour week shift pattern (4 x 12 hour shifts.) Covering the hours of 06:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ( one hour break ) Monday to Thursday - 4 days on 4 days off rotating every week to 4 nights on / 4 nights off - 6.00 p.m. - 06.00 a.m.
- You will work to strict response / fix times.
- Complete the required paperwork - time sheets, service reports, installation reports and control stock levels.
- Carry out technical upgrades and site surveys and provide telephone technical support for customers.
- Contribute to a service minded and client oriented approach focused upon the end-user's satisfaction.
- To apply you should have experience in a service or field service or site / technical support role, working on electronics, electro-mechanical or PC-controlled capital equipment.
- Ideally, but not essentially, you will have a technical qualification, such as City & Guilds 224, 236, NVQ / ONC / OND / HNC or HND or Degree in Electronic / Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- You should have strong board level electronics fault finding and service skills and good PC hardware knowledge.
- You may have worked in the vending, security system / access control, car parking equipment, ATM, gaming / leisure,
- EPOS / Chip & Pin / hospitality or office equipment, capital equipment or PC sectors.
- Any hardware knowledge or exposure to coin operated mechanisms, note validators, ticketing machines / payment machines, automatic doors / access control / rising arm / automatic barriers / gates / variable message signs, detection systems, barcode scanners, Chip & Pin terminals and servers would be beneficial.
- Vending Operators with some ’hands-on’ engineering exposure or an underpinning technical qualification and who are keen to progress their careers will be considered.
- You will have knowledge of Electrical/Electronic theory.
- You will have a full UK current driving licence; as you will utilise pool vehicle on site.
- You will be of smart personal appearance, have high standards of work and a full understanding of the importance of both personal and company image.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that constantly invests in best-in-class technologies to ensure they remain at the forefront of their chosen markets. You will be exposed and trained to work on a wide range of networked electro-mechanical equipment.
The successful candidate will not be disappointed with the career prospects available to move into field based, technical support and supervisory roles in the future. This is a great opportunity to join an established organisation who encourage motivation through excellent education and training opportunities, transparent structures and flat hierarchies.
A basic salary of £18,000 p.a. - £19,000 p.a. for 36 hour week + 12 hours guaranteed overtime will take package to c. £24,666 p.a.+ 20 days holidays + free parking + clothing + mobile & laptop + life assurance + pension - company pays 5% available after probation period.
- Electrical Engineering