Job Profile for Service Engineer - JC87946
Service Engineer required. Following a period of sustained success and profitable business wins, this is a highly respected market leader within the plant hire industry seeking to appoint an experienced Service engineer to join the team in Melksham, Bristol.
The role will be based in my client's dynamic workshop, you will carry out routine maintenance and repairs to short / long term hire machines and customer owned equipment. You will also carry out the preparation of new, used and demonstration equipment to service customers, sales and distributor base. While Ensuring best practice with quality and professionalism are met at all time
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader that can offer outstanding short and long term career prospects.
Service Engineer Position Overview
- Inspect trucks coming into the depot and in conjunction with the Workshop Manager carry out all agreed repairs
- Ensure that all completed trucks are correctly inspected prior to leaving the depot.
- To identify any damage on trucks coming off hire advising the Workshop Manager promptly
- To inspect trucks coming off hire that are not due to go back into service advising the Workshop Manager of any faults on the machine and an approximate time it would take to rectify
- Maintain and prepare demo fleet equipment as necessary for customer/dealer requirements
- Maintain charge levels of traction batteries for the stock of electric powered equipment
- Unloading of trucks, equipment, batteries, chargers etc. that relate to the department Inspection of above equipment upon arrival.
- Submit detailed parts requisitions, providing all information required for the computer job records and ensuring the correct parts are ordered accurately and on a timely basis to work mostly without supervision by using own initiative, and to maintain standards of quality at all times.
- Ensure that all documentation (including completed job sheets, time sheets, etc.) are fully completed as instructed and working to ISO9001:2000 standards and procedures
- Keep work area clean, tidy and organised in accordance with working to ISO14001 standards.
- At Internal/External training courses at other locations to meet with Business.
Service Engineer Position Requirements
- Proven experience in a service / workshop engineer post
- Work well as part of a team.
- Be capable of problem solving
- Have an attention to detail
- Be generally pro-active and have a "Can Do" attitude.
Service Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary £20,000 - £27,000 (dependant on experience)
- Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:00
- 30 days' holiday, including bank
- Parking on site
- Opportunity to work for a market leader
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job