£28,000 - £32,000 Basic, £40,000 OTE
The Service Engineer Role:
- You will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on electric overhead travelling cranes, trouble-shooting equipment malfunctions, consulting with customers on repair and safety related issues, generating sales leads during service call, and completing appropriate documentation
What we expect from the successful Service Engineer:
- You must be apprentice-trained or equivalent and fully conversant with electrical engineering disciplines
- Engineering experience: Electrical: 415v ac 3 phase motor contactor control circuits both squirrel cage and wound rotor
- A good understanding of 110/48 volt relay and contactor circuits
- Some frequency speed control device experience
- Mechanical: Medium to large drive couplings, brakes and reduction gearboxes
- Knowledge of the above tasks and the associated risks when working at height
- Experience with overhead cranes and hoists is preferred, full product training will be given
- Willingness to work rostered day shift (pattern) 5 days out of 7 (39 hours over 5 days) Scheduled weekend working will attract enhanced premiums. Working one weekend in every month
- Good grasp of the English language (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills as there is extensive customer contact
- Proven commitment to safety
- You must be physically fit and able to work at heights
- Willingness to work extra hours
- Hold a current driving licence
- Possess a UK work permit
Our client will offer the Service Engineer:
- A Company van with satellite navigation, corporate clothing, laptop and mobile telephone are provided
- An attractive remuneration/benefits package is offered to the Service Engineer including an attractive base salary (dependent upon skills and experience), you are paid from the moment you leave your home in the morning, regular paid overtime after the basic 39 hours, there is ample opportunity for overtime, contributory pension, sales bonus scheme, life assurance scheme, specialized training on high-quality products, provision of all equipment and PPE along with excellent company working practices and industry leading training programme
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 21 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit www. jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website www. jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- Control Circuits
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Disciplines
- Overhead Cranes
- Field Service Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'