Our client is looking for a service engineer to cover the Doncaster areas to work on plant / lifting equipment. Along with the attractive on offer there will also be a company vehicle and the chance to work for a market leader.
- To respond to request for breakdown, servicing and repairs in accordance with instructions given, maintaining flexibility around working hours to meet the needs of customers and call out requirements.
- Order the necessary spare parts as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure that appropriate feedback is given to customers and service response team with regard to progress of work.
- Work under own initiative without constant supervision
- Ensure that all chargeable repair work is identified and has the necessary supportive document/purchase order from the customer.
- Liaise with your management for authorisation of parts spend over the permitted values.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork / data input is completed accurately and within the stipulated time period.
- To ensure all allocated work is adhered to and to notify Manager or Controller if in arrears.
- To ensure that all van stock levels/movement records are accurate and correct.
- Ensure all company issued equipment is kept in a satisfactory condition and report any failures; this includes the issue of Company vehicles.
- To take on any additional duties as directed by the Manager to ensure smooth running of the department.
- Ensure that the specified Engineering Standards and Safe Working Practices and all Company Policies and Procedures are followed at all times.
- To adhere to all company H&S and Environmental policies and procedures and site policies and to ensure we operate in an environmental and safe work place and practice.
- You will be an experienced Technician or Engineer with mechanical fault find and repair skills.
- A plant or vehicle background would be preferred.
- You will probably have a varied background; suitable experience would be service engineering, site maintenance, workshop technician or assembly technician, from a range of sectors.
- Completed a recognised technical apprenticeship.
- Any experience of working as a service engineer would be advantageous though not essential.