Motivated service / maintenance technician / service / repair engineers are required for our prestigious market leading global engineering client in Long Crendon to service and maintain heavy engineering plant equipment based in their workshops. These challenging service engineer roles would suit enthusiastic engineering maintenance / service engineer professionals with good engineering, construction plant industries background and or who have repaired and serviced equipment such as HGV vehicles, fork lift Trucks, access platforms, petrol run heavy vehicles, tanks, electromechanical engine run lifting equipment. Ex forces / ex military candidates who have serviced heavy equipment vehicles like tanks etc would be of interest also. In return there are good starting salary packages of £25k plus benefits including a company bonus and contributory pension scheme and a great career opportunity in a highly reputable expanding company. Apply now!
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm and the vehicle service repair roles are workshop based with some service visits to local sites. Service engineer candidates can be mechanical and/or electrical engineers but you must be to handle the maintenance, operation, repair and service of the construction / engineering plant equipment and read hydraulic and electrical diagrams.
The ideal repair engineers/ service engineers / maintenance engineers will have the below skills and experiences;
- Good service engineering / maintenance engineering / repair engineering experience of engine run vehicles / large vehicles / plant equipment
- Good engineering experience either electrical or mechanical and/ or qualifications
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic diagrams
- Good service or mechanical background working on HGV’s, Fork Lift Trucks, Access Platforms, petrol run heavy vehicles, tanks, lifting equipment.
- Ex forces / ex military/ ex defence candidates who have serviced heavy equipment vehicles like tanks (advantageous)
- Good technical knowledge and ability
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements
- You must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be a team player
- Maintenance engineering / service / repair experience and background ideally (although training will be provided on the specialist equipment and services)
Reporting into the plant engineering director, the construction site/ engineering plant service engineer will be responsible for the following;
- Provide efficient maintenance, service and repair of plant equipment
- Diagnosing plant/equipment defects and plant failure - being able to support and advise what to do
- Visit sites to repair plant/equipment defects
- Maintain health and safety records and help improve health & safety in the workplace
- Provide excellent customer service
To apply please email your cv with your salary expectations and how you meet our clients service engineers criteria.