Service Engineer / Maintenance Technician (Electrical / Mechanical) - Compressed Air
Service Engineer / Maintenance Technician (Electrical / Mechanical)
Position: Service Engineer
Location: Northamptonshire and surrounding counties.
The Service Engineer / Maintenance Technician will take responsibility and ensure reliability of their customers’ compressed air supplies. They will install, service and maintain compressed air systems for their customers: small medium and large companies primarily within the Midlands / East Anglia area but at times also nationally.
The Service Engineer / Maintenance Technician will also act as an ambassador for the company, always upholding their company values: customer service, integrity, professionalism and team work. Working with the Service Manager to identify and implement service improvements and supporting the sales team in identifying new business opportunities.
- Take part in technical training as required (may involve travel within UK).
- Perform such duties either functional or administrative as delegated by management that are deemed fair and reasonable.
- Adhere to all regulatory Health & Safety requirements (our client and customer’s). Follow customer procedures.
- Correct and detailed paperwork - all paperwork should be clear, accurate and legible. Report any potential or actual incidents of a dangerous nature.
- Share solutions with colleagues; Strive to expand your technical knowledge where possible.
- Review work sheets and parts issued to ensure the job can be completed and communicate with stores where required - request parts on a timely basis to enable a proper work flow.
- Maintain verbal and written communications with customers and others as required.
- Keep the customer informed and ensure that any work is done with their approval. Liaise with the Service Manager and office based personnel to achieve a clear understanding of specific job requirements prior to setting out on a job.
- Keep the office informed of any changes in plans/timescales. Share solutions with colleagues and business opportunities with sales.
- Work methodically, keeping your work area clean and clear. Aim to complete repairs on a first hit visit. Don’t cut corners - aim for no call backs, be expert and complete all work to a high standard
- Take care in reducing costs when possible, regarding travel and overnight accommodation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ).
- Multi-skilled maintenance engineer with demonstrable fault finding/problem solving skills in industrial electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Proven Engineering background and of communicating successfully with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Evidence of accountability in terms of procedures and report writing skills.
- Basic PC skills.
- Flexible working pattern to fulfil commitments, sometimes outside the working day.
- Full driving licence.
- Working within a service based industry.
- Knowledge of the compressed air industry.
Excellent pacakge for the successful individual.
- Air Compressors
- Field Service
- Compressed Air
- Field Service Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"