Service Engineer - Field Based (Self Employed)
Location: Doncaster DN 1,2,3,4,5,7 or 8)
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Contract: Self Employed.
Founded and based in the Scottish Borders, our client operates nationwide, covering 98% of the UK. Their vision is to be the service provider of choice for field engineering and managed services to the telecoms and the ISP industries. Working with the top 6 internet providers in the UK they have won awards for our growth and service excellence.
Join their team and help keep the UK connected!
• To undertake shift work (5 days, Monday - Saturday) covering your local area and working mostly on your own
• Troubleshooting and diagnostics to determine the problem and provide a solution within customers' homes
• Optimising customers in-home set up to get the best internet speeds and ensure they understand their products which might include digital TV services
• Good attention to detail in completing your workflows daily so they can pass the correct information back to their clients and so theyeffectively manage our stock
• Take ownership of your day with support from the Service Centre agents and field based Operating Officers and Coaches
• You may have worked in a similar role previously
• You will be friendly, customer focussed and desire to resolve connectivity issues
• You must be interest in broadband, telephony and digital TV technology and set up
• You will be working on a self-employed basis for our client which will afford you the opportunity to work for yourself during their quieter periods
• You'll be a team player, working with the wider team and clients on a daily basis
• You'll be hard working and flexible to take on a planned and unplanned workload
• A current UK driving license with no more than 6 points is essential.
What they Offer
• Step into a career within field based engineering
• Comprehensive training: with their trainers in Stevenage; buddying with their field teams and online through their Learning application
• Part of a team who are passionate about doing a great job every day, regular communication and recognition for a good job
• Competitive day rates
• Full support to get you set up as a Self Employed engineer - they hire you all the equipment you need to get you started and advice on how to manage your contract
Once trained, you will be fully competent in the Installation, Repair and Maintenance of Broadband, Telephone and TV services in their customer's homes.
For more information or to apply, please click "Apply" to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job