Salary: £14,500 - £17,000 Subject to experience
Location: Pinewood Studios- Whilst a vehicle would be beneficial for the Service Desk role, the job is also accessible for non-drivers. A Shuttle service operates from Slough, Uxbridge, Gerrards Cross & West Ruislip railway stations.
What does this job involve?
Reporting to head of operations, the successful candidate will be the first port of call for our customer support desk. You will be customer facing and responsible for taking phone calls and processing help desk requests, assessing their urgency and assigning tickets for our technical engineers.
The Service Desk role will cover 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm.
It would suit a graduate or apprentice looking to earn a starting salary of £14,500 - £17,000 subject to experience.
In addition to logging reactive support calls, you will also need to proactively maintain the process environment through routine tasks.
The must-have quality required for this Service Desk role is the ability to provide excellent customer service. The need to be able to talk with people in a confident, positive and reassuring manner should not be underestimated, as should the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure. In addition to this is the technical knowledge that should back up the soft-skills.
What will you be doing?
- Handle all service desk phone calls and support requests via e-mail.
- Assist any walk-in customers.
- Understand the full range of services that the Service Desk provides and prioritise your time accordingly.
- Conduct daily maintenance tasks in-line with service desk responsibilities.
- Receive and log all product deliveries.
- Arrange shipping for products going out to clients.
- Contribute to the continual service desk improvements ultimately passing this on to the clients.
- Assist the engineers with support cases like PC build and setups, daily backup and managed services issues.
What do I need to be good at?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills enabling you to provide exceptional customer service.
- Skilled at time management and prioritising.
- IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows operating systems.
- Minimum GCSE Grade of C in Maths and English.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to make informed decisions, sometimes without guidance.
- Pro-active approach to work.
- Organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Professional outlook and presentation with a good desk-side manner.
- A strong team player keen to learn and contribute.
- Communication Skills
- Service Desk
- Technical Support
- Graduate Level
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job