Service Desk Technician
12 hour 4 Day/Night shift rotation
£19,000 - £25,000 per year
MIGSOLV is an award winning world-class commercial data centre in East Anglia providing ultra-secure, high-quality, flexible colocation services. We are looking for a committed, self-motivated Service Desk Technician to join our Operations team based at our Norwich data centre.
Purpose of Role
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for the day to day operation of the data centre technical (white) space and the Service Desk. To ensure that good relationships are built and maintained with its clients and to ensure that there is a safe working environment at all times.
- Installation and patching of any component within the Gatehouse facility in accordance with procedures and cabinet dressing standards.
- Rack level cable management/dressing and patching.
- Comprehensive customer support and troubleshooting.
- Routine operational tasks throughout the site.
- Service Desk administrative duties.
- Processing of deliveries/collections in accordance with customer requirements and written procedures.
- Understanding and adherence to Change Control Processes.
- Compliance with ISO 9001, 14001 and 27001 written standards.
- Comprehensive understanding and compliance of all MIGSOLV HSE related procedures.
- The understanding and processing of Access Requests, Permits to Work and Risk Assessments.
- 1-2 years’ experience within an IT environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Productivity software.
- Understanding of Network fundamentals.
Applicants must also be able to:
- Be a self-starter and delivery focused.
- Demonstrate good team work and organisational skills.
- Be enthusiastic and flexible in your approach and attitude.
- Show good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade C or above.
- IT associated accreditations preferred.
- Full UK driving licence preferred.
Any applicant must be in a suitable position to work a 12 hour 4 days on, 4 days off (Day/Night) shift rotation.
Any successful applicant will be subject to a Basic Criminal Records check.
- Customer Service
- Network Infrastructure
- Service Desk
- Computer Technology