Service Desk Team Leader
To ensure that the Service Desk responds to and resolves calls within agreed timescales and escalates any necessary calls to relevant teams, this will also involve the creation and continued updating of procedures and maintaining relationships with relevant departments.
Managing a large team of both on-site and off-site engineers, ensuring that all roles on the Service Desk are filled with relevantly trained and suitable staff at all times. A staff rota needs to be created and published, on a monthly/weekly basis, to ensure all shifts are covered.
Daily, weekly and monthly call stats need to be produced and analysed on a weekly basis to ensure Ultima is achieving the SLA measurements set for the desk.
The Team Leader is required to be involved with any projects as directed by the Service Desk Manager. This can include projects such as new user management processes and supporting changes to the business. Whilst the Team Leader’s primary focus will be to manage the call queue and associated activity of the team, this will also extend to Ultima’s engineers based off-site.
- Team Development - Lead, Develop, Motivate, Support, Advise, Coach and Appraise. Team meetings will be organised as well as regular one to ones.
- Relationship Management and Improvement Process - Steer, motivate and develop strong relationships.
- Efficiency - Optimise the efficiency of the Team by improving and streamlining processes.
- Supervision and co-ordination of Service Desk agents, including publishing the team rota.
- Ensure that all agents are recording and entering all relevant call information into the Service Desk system in a clear and concise format.
- Proactively monitoring & ensuring progression of all calls. Proactively managing tickets to ensure that all known issues are acted upon, documented and distributed.
- Providing a detailed induction for new Service Desk staff members and ensuring adequate on-going training and development plans are provided to all Service Desk members.
- Work with relevant department members to support Quality and help reduce Escalations
- Assist with Customer Satisfaction surveys
- Ownership and escalation of all tickets
- To proactively monitor all open tickets / requests at all times through to resolution.
- Provide monthly statistics on Service Desk performance.
- Continually update the Service Desk Procedures to ensure the latest information is available to Helpdesk agents at all times.
- Play an active role within the team, remaining flexible to support others/work on tickets themselves during busy periods.
- Offer support to the Service Desk Manager as required
- To support and visit Ultima’s engineers based off-site at our customers locations.
- Strong Relationship Management skills - needs to be able to communicate clearly and effectively across a wide range of business areas and to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong communications skills - needs to be literate, numerate and most importantly articulate.
- Strong leadership Skills - lead by example (Steer, Motivate, Coach and Develop)
- Must have experience with computer hardware & software.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Must be self-motivated, tenacious as well as a team player.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have a flexible working attitude.
- Must be able to contribute to individual, team and company targets and objectives.
- Must be commercially minded.
- Must be conscientious with an attention to detail.
- Must have experience in conflict management, escalation and dealing with challenging customers/situations.
- Service Desk
- Team Leader