IT service desk administrator - Supporting a leading banking customer in Milton Keynes
Your new company
The UK's leading provider of IT services and support have a great opportunity to work directly with their customer in Milton Keynes. Their customer is one of the worlds leading financial organisations and require an experienced service desk administrator to join their team.
Your new role
A service desk administrator supports the IT department by responding to request escalations, and logging requests using a call logging system called Remedy. This is an exciting role that offers more than that of a First Line Analyst.
- You will also place and track orders for engineers and arrange courier deliveries
- Monitor the team mailbox and schedule engineer activities
- Monitor stationary stock and complete order requests
- Process orders and procurement
- Report staff attendance
Offering a wide variety to your day to day duties, not only will you keep up to date with administration duties, you will learn and gain the IT support skills required in order to successfully support the service desk
What you'll need to succeed
This role will suit professionals who have worked either within an IT support or administration role previously.
- Experience working in an administration or first line support role
- General awareness of the IT industry
- Commitment to providing customer service and support
- An ability to resolve problems in a busy environment by using your initiative
- Ability to work as a team and support others
- Good MS office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What you'll get in return
A brilliant way to kick start 2018, by using skills already gained form your administration background you will learn about support within an IT environment, specifically in supporting a financial customer in the world market.
This is an ongoing contract, a perfect opportunity to build your skills with a client and customer that will invest in you. A shining example of getting back the work you can put in
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.