Service Desk Operative
Wakefield (Home based)
3 months initial contract
£11.50 per hour
We're looking to invest in a Service Desk Operative on an initial 3-month contract with potential extensions. The role will support with the day to day operation and management of the service desk and administrative and operational functions within the Facilities Management Department. This role will currently be based at home, but it is usually based out of an office in Wakefield.
As part of a high-functioning and forward-thinking IT function, your ideas and skill set will be very welcome.
- You will receive and respond to requests through the helpdesk for all reactive work as well as general user queries. You will need to be comfortable at making decisions and demonstrate sound judgement in high pressured situations.
- Communicating with site contacts and the facilities team, you will provide updates on any reactive work and sourcing competitive quotes for the work.
- The service desk provides a single point of contact for all reactive facilities works as well as a number of administrative functions. We would want you to be part of a team and happy to participate in work that may fall outside your remit.
- Should you receive any internal feedback about you or the team, you will be comfortable is raising this to the Supervisor so that relevant advice can be given.
- You will develop key relationships across the support functions and build strong internal communication links.
Your Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Are you educated to GCSE standard or equivalent?
- It would be fantastic if you have experience of CAFM systems.
- Providing superb customer service, remembering your customer is at the centre of your actions and building effective relationships is critical here.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise multiple tasks at hand, a real Problem Solver with proven troubleshooting skills. You're a confident communicator.
- Strong commercial and customer service awareness having demonstrated the ability to understand the needs of the business in a professional service environment.
- You need to have excellent planning and analytical skills, take initiative when assisting team members and risk aware in customer handling
- You will learn a lot in this role so you will be someone who strives to continually build industry knowledge and develop within the role.
- You're eligible to work in the UK.
What we offer you:
To be the organisation that all our people are proud to be a part of and where everyone can call themselves one of our team. Where our culture is embracing of difference, where you can be the best you can be and, perhaps most importantly, you can be you.
We are all different in some way. If we were all the same, and all thought the same, we would be vulnerable as a group. By welcoming and encouraging diverse opinions and backgrounds within our organisation, we will have a healthier, more innovative and ultimately more profitable business.
If this sounds like somewhere, you'd like to join, please get in touch. If you require flexibility for a role you are applying for, why not give us a call to chat through the options?
We are a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive, and people prosper. We live a culture defined by our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customised solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Our employing entity, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. We are committed to diversity of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'