Service Desk Manager
Salary: £30k - £40k
Due to continued success, our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Team Lead or Service Desk Manager to join their Service Delivery team. Founded in 2014, they have grown from strength-to-strength as a Managed Service Provider. They take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of their small workforce.
As a Senior team member, you will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional levels of service and support to both their growing client-base and internal systems. You will be reporting directly to senior management and will have line management responsibility for the service desk team. The Service Desk Manager will ensure the support model aligns with the ITIL framework, provide data and reporting of KPIs whilst working with the team to create an effective resource model, ensuring SLA compliance whilst developing and supporting a customer focussed service support team.
When the situation demands, you will also need to assist with the duties of a 3rd-Line Service Desk Engineer, acting as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd-Line Service Desk Engineers, therefore, you will need to be more than technically competent.
In this role, you will need to deliver the key objectives of projects responsible for the scheduling and assignment of a project through to transitioning it back into the managed services internal support desk. Continually be able to develop and communicate project plans along with their current status to a range of stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Service Desk Team Lead or Manager with a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem-solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential. You should not only have a business mindset and be capable of meeting the company goals set by the directors, but also be "naturally wired" towards mentorship.
This would be a great position for someone with a technical background wishing to develop and grow their managerial and business skillsets within a small, but growing and ambitious MSP alongside a highly-motivated team. Someone who is looking to make a real difference within a company which is open to new ideas and develop and grow, their own role, their team and ultimately department into something bigger and is looking to make an impact.
Although this will be a demanding full time role, we would consider for the right person a more flexible part-time pro rata position with aligned targets and goals.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring accurate and timely resolution of incidents and requests in line with published Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Manage customer escalations and conflicts to resolve immediate issue.
- Act as the technical escalation for team members (1st -line and 2nd -line support).
- Conduct weekly 1:1s to support, coach and hold team members to account on their KPIs and their development goals
- Conduct Quarterly Performance Reviews.
- Ensure that incident reviews are undertaken, written up and the lessons learned implemented.
- Actively promote excellent customer service for all front-line service delivery, constantly seeking ways to improve customer experience and satisfaction.
- Provide data and reporting of KPIs and trends to ensure the service is suitably managed and optimised and provide such data and reporting to management and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed.
- Fulfill the scope and key objectives of a project, be responsible for the scheduling, assignment and delivery, with satisfaction, to completion.
What we need from you:
- Significant experience as a hands-on Service Desk Team Leader / Manager.
- Proven record in people management.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, able to communicate in a clear manner be able to use varying styles to suit the occasion and audience.
- Strong ability to train, develop, motivate and mentor and support team members in correspondence with company and departmental objectives.
- An innovative and self-motivated person, who is dedicated to the end goal of operational performance improvements in the IT Service Desk and business-wide.
- Capable of driving the performance of the service desk team, ability to analyse and interpret metrics in order to drive the service.
- Highly-organised, structured, self-starter, with the ability to maintain and drive a positive working environment.
- Attention to detail, ability to work to tight deadlines. Ability to mitigate risks and manage issues to resolution
- Act as a technical escalation for junior engineers.
- Has the ability to develop team in both soft and technical skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'