Location: Stoke On Trent
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: For the successful candidate we will offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package
Our client was formed in 2018 and brings together two well-renowned insurance businesses. Their aim is to develop further opportunities for growth within the insurance market through innovation and excellence. Our client celebrates its 20th anniversary this year and over the last two decades have grown to become one of the UK's largest insurance brokers, handling over 1.2 million calls per year and turning over in excess of £130 million.
The purpose of the role is to lead and develop the IT Service Desk, providing first and second line support including; desktop, email, application, printing and mobile services. Managing the day to day operation of the IT Systems which support the business; ensuring that the services provided meet service level agreements and that any incidents, problems or risks which arise are managed and resolved in a timely and effective manner. To manage software license and hardware asset management, influencing the desktop and peripheral strategy. To manage the service management tool, its configuration and improvement plan.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Day to day management of the Service Desk team, ensuring KPIs and SLAs are met, and team members are developed through formal objectives and 'PD'.
- Manage shifts and holidays to ensure adequate cover at all times. Perform regular 121s and performance appraisals.
- Building and maintaining an effective team, encourage and support the teams to develop their skills and experience. Identify training needs and plan training schedule accordingly.
- To ensure that operational policies, standards and procedures (knowledge articles) are developed, documented, maintained, and applied for all of the equipment and systems which comprise the Operational IT Services. Ensure best practise processes & procedures are implemented, documented and adhered to.
- To maintain regular contact with key business service users, proactively maintaining an awareness of their level of satisfaction with the service and identifying potential areas of change or service improvement. Resolution of incidents within fix times stipulated in service level agreements.
- Investigate and progress any opportunities to improve the quality of service provided to business users.
- To ensure that workload schedules and service level agreements are defined, agreed and maintained, and that appropriate checks and problem remediation and escalation procedures are incorporated in the operational procedures. Provide support to other Service Delivery teams for incident / problem analysis and resolution.
- Manage the recruitment of new team members as necessary.
- Delivering both Capacity plans and Availability measures to deliver an effective, efficient service.
- To maintain an awareness of IT Infrastructure team plans, ensuring that these are communicated to teams.
- Build and Maintenance of standard desktop - keeping image up to date following changes and lodging the changes with DR Supplier. Active involvement in planning/ planned DR tests.
- To define and maintain software license and hardware asset management processes. Including hardware stock replenishment and maintenance.
- To maintain, configure and define improvements to service management tooling.
- Assist in, and support activity in other areas of ISS \ IT Operations as required, including Service Delivery, IT Infrastructure, Information Security and IT Administration
The ideal candidate will be able to work both on their own and as part of a team and must have:
- The ability to troubleshoot issues across multiple technology areas
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to think "outside of the box" and go the extra mile.
- The proven ability to drive results whilst being pro-active and self-motivated
- Excellent time keeping, planning and organisation skills.
- Good business and 'user experience' awareness
Essential skills required
- Demonstrable knowledge of IT services and processes, across the service lifecycle, and experience in 1st and 2nd line technical support.
- Demonstrable knowledge in IT incident and request handling, logging, analysis and troubleshooting, with excellent management skills.
- At least GCE A level or equivalent standard in an IT related subject.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of team management
- The ability to motivate and develop others to achieve challenging deadlines
- Builds good working relationships with people within the wider business community and with suppliers, as well as those within the Business Systems team, at all levels.
- Experience with creating and utilising service management tooling.
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications and support, including Outlook, Active Directory.
- Experience of remote desktop solutions.
- IT admin/support and/or infrastructure management within a range of organisations, operating within large, complex and distributed IT environments.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'