An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen in Bournemouth for a talented service desk analyst to join one of the UK's leading firms.
The primary Service Desk Analyst role is that of providing first and second level support through taking calls and handling the resulting incidents or Service Requests, using the incident management and request fulfilment processes, in line with Service Desk objectives. To support computer users in all aspects of IT use and provide a standardised, professional and efficient IT Service.
- Ensure all incidents and Service Requests are successfully and accurately identified, categorised, prioritised, diagnosed and managed in the Service Desk IT Service Management Tool.
- To carry out qualitative checks on the Incident Management process and provide excellent and clear communication of Incidents.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems associated with software and hardware for both local and remote customer environments.
- Configure network and PC software for new members of staff, staff movements, network printer administration and other repetitive activities as well as administration required for staff departures.
- Ensuring incidents and service requests are resolved or updated within the SLA's.
- Responsible for keeping senior team members informed of unresolved issues or problems.
- Managing workload demands to tight deadlines.
- Managing AD Group memberships.
- Managing Web and email filtering permissions.
- Following up with users to ensure issues have been adequately resolved.
- Following documented procedures and utilising centralised tools.
- Developing effective technical documentation for end users as well as for technical installation documentation for team members.
- Updating knowledge and asset databases.
- Daily system checks, backup and system checks.
- Interfacing with 3rd party vendors when necessary.
- Managing PC setup and deployment.
- Troubleshooting Start-up issues, Hardware Device, Device Driver, and Performance Issues.
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues.
- Use of Remote support tools.
- Troubleshooting Security Issues, Internet and Access Issues.
- Troubleshooting enterprise logon issues e.g. hardware vs. network; password expiration.
- Troubleshooting enterprise network connectivity issues. e.g. determining scope of issue; determining whether it's a PC, server or a network connectivity issue; TCP/IP; hardware and cabling; proxies; default gateway.
- Troubleshooting enterprise names resolution issues and enterprise network printer issues.
- Logging and managing incidents and service requests raised by telephone, email and the customer self-service portal. Capturing all details in the Service Desk tool set
- Undertake general administrative tasks and associated recording procedures as required.
- May be involved in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of departmental standards, procedures and guidelines.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience providing IT support in a similar role.
- Experience supporting laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
- Experience with Windows Server Operating systems.
- Account administration in Microsoft Exchange 2013 and Office365.
- Must be practised in PC and printer set-up & maintenance.
- WAN/LAN experience.
- Familiarity with data restores.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge on antivirus solutions.
- Knowledge of remote access tools.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
- service desk analyst