1st Line Support - Service Desk Analyst - Dumfries
Your new company
My client, a charitable organisation based in Dumfries, has a requirement for an IT Helpdesk Technician from the first week in April.
Your new role
The overall purpose of the IT Helpdesk Technician role is to provide day-to-day IT support and develop and maintain the corporate network and applications to ensure that these are available to staff when required.
Key result areas for the post are:
- Successful delivery of IT services.
- Provision of advice and support to a range of stakeholders on IT issues.
- Contribution to the overall performance and achievement of objectives for the IT team.
- Representing the organisation effectively and in a professional manner.
Work in the IT function is delivered within agreed policies and procedures.
- Deliver all IT services to a high standard, ensuring that activities are delivered on time and in budget.
- Effectively respond to all customer enquiries, (internal and external) needs and requests.
- Provide specific advice and support on areas relating to IT systems to other parts of the business.
- Provide update reports on activities which the post is responsible for.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of all KPIs within the IT function.
- Be aware of our overall aims and objectives and contribute to the overall development of a high performing organisation.
Policies and procedures
- Adhere to relevant organisation policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the development of policies and procedures.
- Review and monitor the effectiveness of procedures, suggesting improvements where required.
What you'll need to succeed
The IT Helpdesk Technician role is responsible for delivering services such as:
- Provide first line support to users through the IT helpdesk.
- Installing and maintaining PCs and peripherals.
- Supporting the IT Systems Officers in installing and maintaining servers, application software and network communications equipment
- Supporting the IT Systems Officers in ensuring the security and integrity of our communications network.
- Providing technical support to our computer users and awareness of advances in technology that may increase the effectiveness of the network.
- Assisting in the support of the corporate systems, analyse user requirements, suggest suitable solutions.
- Providing training on our systems.
- Supporting the IT Systems Officers in creating high quality system and user documentation.
- Developing expertise in particular applications and providing mentoring to colleagues.
- Conducting comprehensive testing under the direction of the IT Supervisor.
Has experience of:
- user support
- analysing and understanding user requirements
- knowledge of system testing
- operating in a customer focused environment
- successfully achieving objectives
- communicating and working with a wide range of stakeholders
Has knowledge of:
- best practice approaches to system support and IT security
- apply policies and procedures in a consistent and effective manner
- work with customers and deal with difficult situations
- contribute to the improvement of services
- solve problems
- work effectively as part of a team
- represent and promote our values
- manage and prioritise own workload.
- high personal integrity and a strong focus on personal accountability to deliver effective outcomes
- high level of oral and written communication skills
- performance driven
- customer focused
- able to demonstrate empathy with our core aims and values
- commitment to developing culture of openness and partnership
What you'll get in return
There is a competitive day rate on offer for this position in line with the Scottish markets. An opportunity to work in a transitioning IT department that is looking to bring in cloud technologies and implement a more modern IT strategy.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.