Fujitsu UK and Ireland is a leading IT systems, services and products company employing 12,000 people with an annual revenue of £1.7 billion. Its business is in enabling its customers to realise their objectives by exploiting information technology through its integrated product and service portfolio. This includes consulting, applications, systems integration, managed services and product for customers in the private and public sectors including retail, financial services, telecoms, government, defence and consumer sectors
Helpdesk - 1st Line Technical Support
Length - Temp to perm
Pay rate is £7.83 to start with in days £8.75 once you have supplied 5 years of referencing and security checks have been done
Description of Project:
Service Desk staff will support users in order for them to be able to log-on to the Defence infrastructure at any workstation within Defence or via remote access, and access any applications they are entitled to use including support on the Microsoft Windows XP operating system and standard office suite applications.
The SPOC is also responsible for providing an end-to-end service for all Defence users, leveraging support from 2nd and 3rd line resolver groups, and external take-on-service desks.
Normal working hours are on a shift basis between 0700 and 1900 on weekdays and weekends (weekends & bank holidays are on an occasional basis, with individuals working around one weekend in 9 as a guide)
Job Purpose and Accountabilities:
- To act as the Single Point of Contact for the user base and for take-on-services for which there is a OSA in place.
- Obtaining accurate user and fault information and logging it on the call management system.
- Providing first line technical support & troubleshooting.
- Achieving 60% first time fix rate or routing of call to final resolution.
- To meet personal productivity and quality targets as agreed with the Team Manager and in line with contractual SLA's.
- To provide levels of customer service in line with contractual SLAs and internal call quality targets.
Skills - Mandatory:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Troubleshooting & Diagnostic skills
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- A commitment to the customer and to continuous learning and personal development
- Good interpersonal skills
- High Personal Standards
- High level of technical knowledge of Microsoft products, particularly Windows XP & Office.
- Tolerance of stressful situations.
- An ability to work within a team.
Kelly Services are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this job.
- Call Centre
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
- Call Logging
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job